Siri and MMI

pjuk

Reaction score
So I was really disappointed that the wheel voice button won't activate Siri on the iPhone and instead uses the Audi voice control system. However... I was messing around with the phone the other day and realised that the "Hey Siri" mode was deactivated so I switched it back on. Low and behold I can activate Siri using the wheel voice button by holding down the button, shouting "Hey Siri", followed by a command such as "Text my wife 'I'm going to be late'" :grimacing: All this needs to be done with the phone plugged into using an MMI cable. I have a yellow one for my iPhone 5s with the latest iOS 8.4.1.

Now the only problem is that the Audi voice control system still tries to make sense of "Hey Siri, text my wife I'm going to be late". Does anyone know if you can deactivate the voice control system but still allow the voice button to route the microphone to a device? Another issue is that I haven't figured out how to make the Siri feedback come through the car speakers so you just have to hope that what you have said is ok.