Lowered. Issues

Razor344

Reaction score
Ok so I've now fitted some quality lowering springs front and rear 35/30

Had the car alignment done.

But it doesn't feel right. Some times eases to the left and the ride quality isn't as good.

Really thinking of putting the old springs back on

What am I missing

when you say quality, what make are they. Also what model and spec is the car s-line etc.

Did you give the car at least 2 weeks for the suspension to settle before getting it aligned?
This is recommended

No. Didn't realise that.

2 weeks is up in a couple of days

Might get it checked

Springs are EIBACH

And the car is a b8. 2011 a4 estate

Is the car s-line or SE? also what springs did you go for Pro or street? How many miles on the car and what sort of condition where the shocks in.

SE, normal street springs, 71500 miles on car and shocks all in good order

On your original post you say a 35/30 but looking at eibach specs it gives a 45/35 drop over SE spec, have you had a good look under the arches are you seeing any rubbing or the arches of fouling of the anti-rollbar etc. other than that the aliment may be out as chez pointed out. Also with the lowered springs the car is going to me much harsher ride than the soft SE springs that were on the car.

I've fitted a B12 pro kit to my A6 and the ride is much improved over the s-line suspension, I think you may have been better off going for the Pro springs rather than the street springs.

No rubbing or fouling at all. The riDe feels fine. It feels a little skittish. Not as stable.

On the way home this morning we seamed to be drifting to the left do wonder if it is a tracking issue. No issues when braking.

Steering feels a little heavier when on a full lock too

Who fitted the kit - are you sure they've been fitted correctly? Eibachs are only a tiny drop too, so i can't imagine youre gonna be fouling anything or scrubbing. Id check the alignment at that they're correctly fitted if youre having troubles like that.