Chops S4 thread

She's loooowwwww

Reactions: MattS5, rizzini7, AlexA4Avant and 4 others
Thanks I'm well chuffed

Yeh still plenty clearance for my street etc, the avants must sit pretty high already so it's still usable :)

The 20s prob help keep it up a bit too

@matt_cunningham1985 Surprisingly it feels quite good, it's firmed it right up but it doesn't feel too severe or rattle your teeth out, there's nearly no body roll at all and feed back from the wheel feels good

Still need to get alignment checked

To be honest when I put on the 20s that totally changed the feel of the car as in every bump and pot hole needs to be avoided so it's maby damped down the change of springs

@matt_cunningham1985 Surprisingly it feels quite good, it's firmed it right up but it doesn't feel too severe or rattle your teeth out, there's nearly no body roll at all and feed back from the wheel feels good

Still need to get alignment checked

To be honest when I put on the 20s that totally changed the feel of the car as in every bump and pot hole needs to be avoided so it's maby damped down the change of springs
I've seen most people comment that the change in wheel size is the biggest factor in ride comfort rather than changing springs and dampers. Looks mean as hell though so it's worth it!

Reactions: Chop.
Well I'm beginning to realise I was very lucky with my choice of wheel and offset.......

Just keeps getting lower hahaha :)

Reactions: Stanningtonglen, RS5 JON and xpoweruk
That is low Chop :)

Any rubbing ?

That is low Chop :)

Any rubbing ?

Nothing yet, I'd already took the screws out the front arches a few people had mentioned

The 245s have saved me :)

Did scuff the top of a speed bump this avo though :)

Reactions: xpoweruk
That's a good thinking Chop
Looks awesome :)

I'm well chuffed with it, best thing Iv done yet, should have done it ages ago !

How's those other ' bits ' coming on XP ?

I ordered a touch more yellow today :)

Still awaiting delivery Chop.
What ya up to know?

Don't tell me,its a secret lol

Nothing yet, I'd already took the screws out the front arches a few people had mentioned

The 245s have saved me :)

Did scuff the top of a speed bump this avo though :)

That is what i am worried about with mine. My wheels are 20", 9J, ET37 and came with nearly new 255/35/20's.

I rub just now, so i think if if lower mine i will need to change the tyres. 255/30's at an absolute minimum, probably safer with 245/30's!

That is what i am worried about with mine. My wheels are 20", 9J, ET37 and came with nearly new 255/35/20's.

I rub just now, so i think if if lower mine i will need to change the tyres. 255/30's at an absolute minimum, probably safer with 245/30's!

Iv got 245 / 30's on just now the bumps are brutal if you hit anything but it's what was with the wheels

Are you going 40mm ?

Should look spot on mate

I look forward to the pics (as always)

Iv got 245 / 30's on just now the bumps are brutal if you hit anything but it's what was with the wheels

Are you going 40mm ?
Well i have just made an impulse purchase, and picked up a set of hardly used H&R's for £90. The code for them is 29061-2, which should mean they are the 30mm ones.

http://www.awesomegti.com/car/audi/s4b8?subpart=LoweringSprings

Hopefully they look good, as i don't think my car sits too high as it stands. Also less chance of the tyres being an issue.

20150823_155547_zpsidqew0l4.jpg

Reactions: MattS5, S4_LEE and Chop.
What are your wheel offset and width? I've got a set of 20's and I've tried a couple of different tyre sizes. My next (only remaining) size to try is a 245 30. If that doesn't work the it's arch work

Well i have just made an impulse purchase, and picked up a set of hardly used H&R's for £90. The code for them is 29061-2, which should mean they are the 30mm ones.

http://www.awesomegti.com/car/audi/s4b8?subpart=LoweringSprings

Hopefully they look good, as i don't think my car sits too high as it stands. Also less chance of the tyres being an issue.

20150823_155547_zpsidqew0l4.jpg

Love an impulse buy :) that doesn't look to bad height wise as it is so hopefully a 30mm will be spot on, £90 ain't bad either :)

What are your wheel offset and width? I've got a set of 20's and I've tried a couple of different tyre sizes. My next (only remaining) size to try is a 245 30. If that doesn't work the it's arch work

There 8.5s with 245/30s I'm not sure on the offset but they noticeably sit inside the arches I'll look bad see if I can find it for you

Reactions: xpoweruk and RS5 JON
That's why we don't live to work Chop, we work to mod, lol!

JG

Reactions: Stanningtonglen, Sandra, AlexA4Avant and 2 others
Just read from start to finish, some transformation. Really like the interior wrap, very different (although I see its caught on a bit on this forum now). Why did you chose to remove the front splitter? Do you know if it fits the S line bumper?

Reactions: Chop. and xpoweruk
Just read from start to finish, some transformation. Really like the interior wrap, very different (although I see its caught on a bit on this forum now). Why did you chose to remove the front splitter? Do you know if it fits the S line bumper?

Cheers bud once I get an idea in my head I have to see it through

Yeh really happy with the wrap, it was @xpoweruk that I saw first with his red and had to give it a go

I still have what's left of the splitter basically if was rubbish quality and was Gona need filled repaired and painted to look decent again it's just a fibreglass copy and wasn't the best quality when I bought it new, plus Iv dropped the car so that extra bit of height will help

just read your post about removing the stvbek cop splitter! you get caught out by the same ebay guy?

Mine was horrific and holy/cracking, many runs of sanding and filling later and looks perfect now, might be worth sticking with it and putting some more elbow grease, or you given up on it entirely?

just read your post about removing the stvbek cop splitter! you get caught out by the same ebay guy?

Mine was horrific and holy/cracking, many runs of sanding and filling later and looks perfect now, might be worth sticking with it and putting some more elbow grease, or you given up on it entirely?

ha, think i did !

it arrived damaged to start with so i filled it and sprayed it, it looked ok for a while but it started to crack along the top and a bit on the side ended up with a hole in, think it was just that thin

it was just looking scabby to be honest and was letting the car down a bit so i took great pleasure in removing it and throwing it in the back of the garage when i painted the front yellow and i think thats where it might stay :)

ha, think i did !

it arrived damaged to start with so i filled it and sprayed it, it looked ok for a while but it started to crack along the top and a bit on the side ended up with a hole in, think it was just that thin

it was just looking scabby to be honest and was letting the car down a bit so i took great pleasure in removing it and throwing it in the back of the garage when i painted the front yellow and i think thats where it might stay :)

Mine was identicle, arrived with a full length crack accross the front, i sanded it to an inch of its life and used plastic filler, sanded and repeated. Every teeny pin hole I could find was sanded out and filled, must of been hundreds of them, every night for 2 weeks of the above. That guy who sold them is a POS imo lol
But after all that nothing has cracked since, it cracked once during painting so went back to stage one again and refilled, but then has been fine.
I bottomed out on it allot over the year too. Maybe if you find a few evenings spare do the same, might be saveable yet

Mine was identicle, arrived with a full length crack accross the front, i sanded it to an inch of its life and used plastic filler, sanded and repeated. Every teeny pin hole I could find was sanded out and filled, must of been hundreds of them, every night for 2 weeks of the above. That guy who sold them is a POS imo lol
But after all that nothing has cracked since, it cracked once during painting so went back to stage one again and refilled, but then has been fine.
I bottomed out on it allot over the year too. Maybe if you find a few evenings spare do the same, might be saveable yet

bad patter people selling crap like that, yeh i dont think i gave mine as much attention as that so prob partly my doing that it didnt last

i think iv gave up on it now, plus it was removed with force :) as id had enough of it so it may be a bit more damaged ( some might even say ruined )

i do have plans for another front splitter at some point along with everything else i want to do :) but i'm liking the full yellow bar on show at the moment so dont want to cover it up too much

bad patter people selling **** like that, yeh i dont think i gave mine as much attention as that so prob partly my doing that it didnt last

i think iv gave up on it now, plus it was removed with force :) as id had enough of it so it may be a bit more damaged ( some might even say ruined )

i do have plans for another front splitter at some point along with everything else i want to do :) but i'm liking the full yellow bar on show at the moment so dont want to cover it up too much

ahahaha fair play, I dont blame you then!
Excited to see what replaces it :) Not many I am keen on but I have seen more companies finally produce their own for the B8 so sure to like some now

ahahaha fair play, I dont blame you then!
Excited to see what replaces it :) Not many I am keen on but I have seen more companies finally produce their own for the B8 so sure to like some now

Seen a cracker on Instagram on patermoons a4 looks ace not cheap though , but nothing is

It's the little things....

New plates with no screws and black border added to rear plate

Reactions: Stanningtonglen, matt_cunningham1985 and AlexA4Avant
You can't put that there !

Reactions: Stanningtonglen, matt_cunningham1985 and AlexA4Avant
Looks like it fits nicely to me Chop :)

Reactions: AlexA4Avant and Chop.