S3 8L AMK 2001 throttle pedal

Frankus

Old but built for speed!
Reaction score
so my S3 has been a pig in the mornings untill it warms up I think it is the throttle pedal, as when I spray it with brake cleaner its smoother and doesn't throw the EPC light on any one know if the pedals are the same on S3's as 1.8t

so my S3 has been a pig in the mornings untill it warms up I think it is the throttle pedal, as when I spray it with brake cleaner its smoother and doesn't throw the EPC light on any one know if the pedals are the same on S3's as 1.8t
Anyone

Scan it first. See if any codes come up. You on about the pedal or the throttle body?

Hi yes I've checked the codes and get P2122 have changed the pedal for a TT one and the code just stays on even when I clear it..
So I put the old pedal back and it does the same!

So have changed pedal, maf, boost solenoid, cleaned throttle body, started the car and on idle there's no EPC light on the second I touch the throttle it pops up and stays

Check part numbers on partsbase... the link is in the stickies

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Frankus
They seem interchangeable, have swapped back to my old pedal and it does the same thing going to change the TB with my sons S3 today but not confident to be honest!
The code is P2122 Switch D Circuit low input (beginning to think my ECU is trucked!) it's got a Badger 5 remap on it which I don't want to lose either :(

Okay just swapped throttle body with my sons AMK and getting the same error codes grrrr!

Anyone know if there are relays that operate the throttle control at all?..

If you have changed the pedal and you are still getting the fault then it could be a wiring issue... could also be the ECU of course...

Get in touch with Bill and he can sort out cloning your ecu with map etc if it is the ecu at fault

<tuffty/>

Yes, I have posted on his page so hopefully he can come up with some info/solution one way or another
At least now I can change throttle pedals in 10 mins lol!

i can flash your map onto another ecu if required.
not for a week or so however.
i'm on holiday
That may be the best route if a new pedal doesn't work thanks
Will speak to you next Monday Bill
Frank

So have swapped out pedal, but still have epc error the second I touch the pedal, am going to check ECU connections (once I know where to look!)