What is...

Muttley75

Reaction score
What is the red plastic-coated cable that's in the side panel of the boot (same section the toolkit is stored in)? The end appears to be a plastic clip which is attached to the inside cover of the side panel. I'll take a photo later unless anyone knows what it might be? All I can think of is either the FM or DAB antenna? Seems an odd place for it, if it is.

Manual release for the fuel filler flap

Manual release for the fuel filler flap
Strange. Equally strange its a bit of a Heath Robinson construction. Ho hum, at least I know to leave it alone - cheers.

Reactions: Rob2k68
'Heath Robinson' great saying that i've not heard in a long time :)

Think they ran out of money when they got onto that part of the car lol !!

Seen worse in £100k+ cars !

Lol if they'd made the chord longer and made it come out of the drivers door near the window switches, it could be an old school 'automatic' fuel flap release mechanism...

Reactions: Rob2k68
Emergency trunk release incase someone throws you inside the trunk...

For Heath Robinson read simple and uncomplicated. Does what it's designed to do with a minimum of parts to fail.

For Heath Robinson read simple and uncomplicated. Does what it's designed to do with a minimum of parts to fail.
I'm sure it does, and given where it is located it doesn't need to be a brushed aluminium lever. It just made me chuckle that it's the sort of thing you'd expect to find in a Lada!

Emergency trunk release incase someone throws you inside the trunk...

That is usually for USA legislation only - the handle has to be visible and made from glow in the dark plastic.