Can someone show me where is PVC valve location on s3 8l PLEASE

oldcar

Reaction score
Folks, Please show me where is PVC valve location, I think its making a whistle noise...or leak, because I can smell a small amount of exhaust smell when fan is on inside the car- its the same smell as what is going thru the oil catch .... THANKS

275f82cc8cf95c012aef85dc15e19d19.jpg
efc791e12441c36dd5e7b772646a504b.jpg

Might be worth having a read through this:
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/index....catch-can-and-simplify-the-PCV-system.118021/

Reactions: oldcar
Check the pipe that leads to the carbon canister, mine was spilt where it runs round behind the coolant bottle, it made a smell of fuel when the heater was on, you could also smell fuel arround by the coolant tank.

If your catch can is venting to atmosphere then its most likely the smell of that... it can be drawn into the car

<tuffty/>

thanks guys, no venting to atmophere,,,it smells not fuel but its like the smell venting to air. I will have a close look tommorow morning to dig out where the crack is.

i reckon near the oil filter housing......

Found it, L pipe to oil filter housing is cracked. ,Now, do I block the oil filter hole according to pic 1 above" To block breather on oil filter housing?" and block "suction jet pump' and to brake hose booster line.
Found it, L pipe to oil filter housing is cracked. ,Now, do I block the oil filter hole according to pic 1 above" To block breather on oil filter housing?" and block "suction jet pump' and to brake hose booster line.
NO don't block your crank case breather whatever you do. The only thing you need to block iirc is the nipple on the underside of the inlet mani.
That L shaped piece is very common to split so get yourself a new one plus new O ring. Rip out everything you see in that pic and run a 19mm hose from your crank case breather L pipe to your catch can along with the upper breather from rocker cover. Use a piece of hose to replace the one from inlet to brake booster.

I know you've got your own crazy setup on your car but everything you need to know is explained in that link I posted

Steve

NO don't block your crank case breather whatever you do. The only thing you need to block iirc is the nipple on the underside of the inlet mani.
That L shaped piece is very common to split so get yourself a new one plus new O ring. Rip out everything you see in that pic and run a 19mm hose from your crank case breather L pipe to your catch can along with the upper breather from rocker cover. Use a piece of hose to replace the one from inlet to brake booster.

I know you've got your own crazy setup on your car but everything you need to know is explained in that link I posted

Steve
thanks very much. got it, L pipe straight to breather and block the rest -manifold and "jet jump". /booster line.

Reactions: S3 Hilife