Brakes for the track, TT 225 quattro

Glekke

Reaction score
A friend of mine has an mk1 225 quattro tt, currently running around 400hp.
Running RS4 B7 brakes on the front (with spacer behind the disc), and porsche 993 calipers with B5 RS4 discs on the back with separate hand brake caliper.
On track days he has to stop to let his brakes cool down after 4 to 5 laps.

What would be a decent brake setup? I think this all is just way to big and to much pistons...
He still wants to have a monoblock caliper in the back.

Would a 996 turbo setup work? front and back, and what discs should be used with these?

you'll only ever get a reply on the audi tt forum as I'm sure you already have been on there

I'd be looking at the fluid and pad compound rather than the rest of the set up. My A4 is about the 300bhp mark running nothing more than a 312mm conversion, Brembo discs and pads with Bardahl fluid. That does about 10 hard laps of Bedford before the brakes start to become overworked.

I have put the 993 T calipers and discs in the front, and stock brakes in the rear. works like a charm, 4 flawless sessions on Spa francourchamps. No brake fade or anything... Gonna put some better brakes pads on the rear and better brake fluid. And some ducting to the fronts... that should work :)

What pad is the TT running, I would have thought RS4 B7 brakes on a TT would be good enough, It's a much lighter car.
Get some cooling to the brakes.

We thought the same thing, but the R8/RS4 8pots are not as good as porsche calipers... And the brake fade is ridiculous.
Was running DS2500 pads if I remember correct, in both the R8 and porsche calipers...
I also have the RS4 B7 calipers on my S4 B5, they stop really good, but just not good enough to last on the track...
Changing discs might have worked on the TT, but the porsche calipers up front and stock rears just works perfect, this TT has 397 hp, so it's not a slow car to...

This surprises me, pads and fluid upgrade should help your mate, as well as condition of discs.

I run M1144's in stock calipers and new OEM discs and haven't experienced fade at all. Also using American Oil R600+ fluid.