Argg holes in my S4 dash...

dr_shabzzz

Reaction score

So I just bought a B7 S4 that used to have a phone cradle which has gone missing.

I don't really want to change the whole dash...What do people do to cover these holes?

buy a new car....no really , you can get that console section very cheaply from ebay, it means taking out the radio and other parts etc but not a massive job as its not part of the dash, its the centre consol assembly.
rob

Ah you may be right. For some reason I was thinking I'd have to replace the whole dashboard!

Another question. I've got this message:

Can I connect my phone to the car without using the missing cradle?

possibly due to the cradle being removed cabling may have been left unplugged or removed, if you run vcds it may show up any connection issues etc , does everything else work such as the mfsw controls etc.

The MFSW controls work for volume/changing tracks etc.

How would I get the mobile to hook up to the car without the cradle being present?

Don't bother with ebay you can get the console cheap enough from TPS. Looks like some has completely removed the BT system from the car. The message you should get is "Your phone may not connected or attached properly". So you need to buy an new BT module.

Having the cradle removed would not disable the BT module.

Will check out TPS thanks.

How would I check whether the Bluetooth module is there? They look like they cost about £100-£150 on ebay :(

We can supply/fit the latest BT module to the car if its not found when searching with your phone bt, please pm if of interest.

Will check out TPS thanks.

How would I check whether the Bluetooth module is there? They look like they cost about £100-£150 on ebay :(

I'd say with some confidence that the bluetooth unit has been removed, giving that message. I'm pretty sure it's housed in steering wheel cowling.

Its usually under the floor in front of the drivers seat if factory fitted.

NHN do you have any pick of the location? All the guides and forums seem to elude to it being under the passenger seat regardless if it's a RHD or LHD. Just want to be sure before I start striping my seat out the weekend.