Parking sensor and rear wiper washer?

stiscooby

Reaction score
I have two small issues I am trying to fix on my A3 and wonder if anyone could shed some light please?.....

1) The outside right rear parking sensor is faulty. I have tried to remove it so I can check the part number and then replace it but I cannot work out how you get the dam thing off the bumper?!?! I can get my hand on it from under the car but can't seem to budge it??

2) The rear wiper squirter fails to squirt any water. I have taken the inner boot lining off to make sure the water pipe hadn't come off but that was fine. I also tried removing the water pipe then tried it and water did then come out of the pipe so it's working up to the point of it plugging onto the wiper motor. I have also removed the wiper cap and the little black squirter bits themselves from the wiper arm to make sure they were not blocked up (they seemed ok) but again, water doesn't seem to come through the centre of the nut?

So, the issue seems to be with the water passing through the wiper motor? I tried to get the wiper arm off to then remove the motor but the thing seemed to be welded on (I remove the nut and soaked with WD40) but once again failed to get the wiper arm off and didn't want to go too mad should I end up busting the rear window! Has anyone got any tips on what the issue may be with the water not passing through/how the hell do you remove the wiper arm??

Thanks for any advice

Parking sensor is held in its own housing within the rear bumper - there are tabs on the housing that need to be lifted to allow it to push backwards. Look at one of the more accessible/visible ones to see exactly where they are.

The rear wiper will really require a puller to separate it from the tapered spines. A suggestion before removing wiper arm -> blow compressed air through, inside to out in attempt to clear blockage. This is a hit and a miss approach, however.
Good luck.