FAO: Airtec Intercooler owners

lincoln_dj

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I've got a 2nd hand airtec 50mm FMIC for my S3, just wondering if anyone out there has one and still has the fitting instructions that come with it please.

Far as I can tell the front slam panel has to come off, as well as the air con radiator (and ac gas!) - the original guide will help immensely!

Cheers

I tried asking both Awesome GTI and Airtec for a fitting manual when I received my intercooler. All I managed to get was instructions for an 8L... then a Golf GTI.

GTI one was there or there about. Unfortunately I've deleted it out of my inbox. Email Awesome GTI and they may send you it?

Reactions: lincoln_dj
yeah tried that, no joy. should be alright winging it!

can you confirm whether or not the aircon rad is disconnected completely (eg gotta take gas out) or can move it out the way whilst still connected?

cheers

You will be able to move it out the way without having to re-gas, but be careful not to be bend the ac pipes too much in the process.

Reactions: lincoln_dj
Basically... What thus guy said ^^^^ Haha.

All I did was just unscrew the bolts and slide the old intercooler out between both the radiator and the air con radiation, and slip in the new one. Like previously stated, just make sure you have someone or something holding the radiators up so that the pipes do not bend a great deal and snap.