Quick question

JPW

Reaction score
hi all...... I seem to have a slight diesel leak under the drivers side..... Looks like it's coming from what looks like an oil cooler which is attached under the floor .....anyone shed any light ..... I think it's coming from a pipe or connection behind a plastic skid plate

Cheers james

Fuel filter on the 8L is located in front of the rear wheel on the drivers side mate, so quite likely that's the area you need to be looking for a leak.

It's not uncommon for the clips to get damaged during replacement, which may well have caused your leak.

Cheers buddy il have a look.....

Cheers james

Just had a look and it's coming from Infront of the diesel cooler ( under drivers seat )

Cheers james

It only leaks when the engine is running

http://www.partsbase.org/audi/audi-a3-s3-sportback-qu-a3-eu-2001-20126-fuel-line-fuel-cooling/

Not sure what 'light' you need shedding as you already know there is a leak from there but the above is a 'schematic' showing part numbers etc... you will have to get the car on a ramp to identify where the leak is coming from... could be the fuel cooler has been damaged and is leaking or maybe the fuel line clips but generally there is no requirement to disturb the fuel cooler so my money is on impact damage of some description...

<tuffty/>

The shedding the light bit ...... In my original post I forgot to say it's only leaking when the engine is running so does that point towards a pipe connection problem do you think rather than a damaged cooler ?

Cheers james

Without looking I couldn't possibly say... with the engine running it will be under pressure so will leak regardless... you need to get it on a ramp and look

<tuffty/>