Is it just me or is the noise the S3 makes when you boot it a bit addictive?

C2 DTN

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
This one .......

Reactions: Pulp84, Blackwhite and Simon L
Absolutely mate!

I was cruising round town yesterday evening and it sounded like a caged tiger. Can't get enough of it ;)

I've noticed on mine the sound varies a bit from day to day too. It's like it's playing good cop, bad cop with me :)

Reactions: batch and Blackwhite
Absolutely mate!

I was cruising round town yesterday evening and it sounded like a caged tiger. Can't get enough of it ;)

I've noticed on mine the sound varies a bit from day to day too. It's like it's playing good cop, bad cop with me :)

:tigerface: Grrrrrrrrr Tiger makes a great sound!

Reactions: Simon L
I was in Mrs Pulps electric Renault ZOE the other night and stopped at a fast roundabout in my town that has an exit to a lovely straight bypass to let a car around.

I stop for a 15 plate S3 saloon that turned off for the bypass.

The guy booted it and the noise coming from the back of it and the rate of knots he was soon going up the bypass surprised me. It was a lovely deep noise! They are ****** quick those S3's!! :)

Obviously I heard more than in a normal car as the ZOE has no engine noise ;)

Reactions: Simon L, Wondering Soul and Blackwhite
It can cause problems tho..... A few weeks back I was at a red light and had left it in manual mode. As I set off I changed up manually and quickly.... 1st, 2nd then 3rd and a Garda (Policeman) who was walking with his back to me turned around quickly and gestured me to pull over! He assumed I was giving it beans and told me to take it easy..... I explained the situation and went on my way ;)

It can cause problems tho..... A few weeks back I was at a red light and had left it in manual mode. As I set off I changed up manually and quickly.... 1st, 2nd then 3rd and a Garda (Policeman) who was walking with his back to me turned around quickly and gestured me to pull over! He assumed I was giving it beans and told me to take it easy..... I explained the situation and went on my way ;)

Yeah, I've gotta say never seen so many police cars on my tail as I have since I took delivery!!

......may just be coincidence ............then again who knows?!! :busted cop:

Reactions: Blackwhite
Yep. Take it easy. Never been pulled over in over 20 years. A few months into my S3 ownership, got collared and have just completed a speed awareness course.

My cruise control is almost exclusively for 30/40mph zones and for speed restricted sections on the motorway. All too easy to creep up and before you know it you're done. As for other times, well, it's being vigilant. Most of the time I don't speed too much, i just like to get to that speed quickly!

I don't know as I have to wait till December to get mine :-(

Yes also nervous for my licence ......

My cruise control is almost exclusively for 30/40mph zones and for speed restricted sections on the motorway. All too easy to creep up and before you know it you're done. As for other times, well, it's being vigilant. Most of the time I don't speed too much, i just like to get to that speed quickly!
I don't know as I have to wait till December to get mine :-(

Yes also nervous for my licence ......

Seemed like a long (self-enforced, admittedly) wait for me when I placed my order on the last Saturday in March for delivery over 5 months later, 2nd September, but it's flown by and i'm now less than 4 weeks from collection. Keep conversing on here and it'll be here sooner than you think!

yeh coming from diesel to the s3 is just WOW. do you find your turbo whistles quite loud?

Problem is, that as soon as it makes that ROAR, 'er indoors gives me a dirty look.

Reactions: Pulp84 and Simon L
Yeah, I've gotta say never seen so many police cars on my tail as I have since I took delivery!!

......may just be coincidence ............then again who knows?!! :busted cop:

I called them up to make sure they keep an eye on you! :oncomingpolice: :tongueclosed:

Reactions: Pulp84 and Simon L
get a down pipe and decat on it

yeh coming from diesel to the s3 is just WOW. do you find your turbo whistles quite loud?

Don't say that Bob, there's folks on here will tell you you got a fault ;)

Reactions: Pulp84