Delphi vs VCDS

slizza786

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi All,

Was recently enquiring as to the major differences between the new Delphi DS150e and VCDS. My mechanic uses the Delphi and he says its good because it supports pretty much all cars but for a diagnostic is it as detailed compared to VCDS or Inpa (bmw/mini) or star diagnostic (Mercedes) etc?

Delphi is substantially more money AFAIK, vcds is £258 from me, updates have always been free, not sure Delphi would be.

Delphi is substantially more money AFAIK, vcds is £258 from me, updates have always been free, not sure Delphi would be.
Thanks for the quick reply NHN. Was just having a general enquiry would be nice to see a log list a Delphi produces in a diagnostic to compare

At 2k delphi, it better be comprehensive.

Reactions: Gaz170
This video: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x20x5o0_review-delphi-ds150e-diagnostic-solution-for-cars-and-trucks_auto
shows the overview capabilities of the dephi tool.

Ross-Tech's video:

Hopefully these two videos help give an idea. The Delphi tool claims to do all that the VCDS tool does but I do not see any big advantage other than it's ability to work on many OE brands. It is wireless and while NHN cannot sell our wireless solution yet, it is available on our web site. We are still working on our wireless software called VCDS-Mobile which is compute platform independent, working on any compute platform that has WiFi and web browser. One of our guys had VCDS-Mobile working on his smart watch - not that I would recommend that platform!

Frankly, I have never seen the Delphi unit in action and can't really comment on differences. Sorry.

Reactions: slizza786
Delphi aint as good as vcds granted its more user friendly , its is good for a universal tool on eu cars only but for 2k price tag i would look for x431 pad or autel maxisys
Their claims it can do everything vcds can utter rubbish
Buy the tool new 1 yr free subs bear this in mine from experience that 1 yr off subs can be just security updates for their dongle then 400-600 a year then after

Last edited:
TBH if you're needing just or vag then its a no brainer, costwise & feature set.

Reactions: Gaz170