Remapping 1.9 TDI 105 2009 A3 Sportback?

sampsonzak

Reaction score
Hi,

Wondering if anyone else here has a 1.9 TDI Sportback (2003 - 2010) and has had it remapped?

I am very tempted to get it remapped, it's currently 105BHP now and is quite sluggish (Because of how heavy it is!) I have driven a 140 and the difference in power is astonishing.

I have also just had a brand new clutch, a brand new flywheel and a slave cylinder fitted so would it be a wise choice for me to get it remapped? I'd be happy for it to get anywhere near 140 / 135 would be ideal.

Any recommendations, tips or tricks that I should know before doing so? Please let me know how it went for you (if applicable!)

Thank you!

They map to approx 145bhp :)

Bit of a cliché but its a night and day difference :racer:

Make sure your EGR valve is nice and clean and that your boost pipes are not leaking. Tell tale sign is oily residue around the connectors. The lugs wear away over time so the only real option is to replace the pipe

Other than that you should be good to go :)

Im based in North Wales. I know the difference, I had a 140 bhp courtesy car while mine was getting a new clutch and flywheel under warranty, and the difference is massive! (But that was a 2.0 TDI 140)

I wouldn't want to map any more than 140 out of it just to be on the safe side! 140 is way more than enough for me as I'm only 19! If I go any higher I won't be feeling any upgrades in years!!

Thanks alot, Payday tomorrow so might be taking it down to a local garage, depends what other comments I get!

145bhp is well within the safety limits of the engine and its components. Any more and you are pushing that little turbo beyond its efficiency and the car won't feel as nice or responsive to drive