Help EML!

Rossg93

Reaction score
I'm new to this so not sure how it works. I have a 1.9 TDI Audi A3 2009 and recentley the engine management light has came on and seems to have a rough idle? Scanned with snap on and three codes
have come up. Please see attached photo. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The 2 glow plug faults are fairly self explanatory the glow plugs in cylinders 1 and 3 are faulty. I would replace all 4 as the other 2 are not far behind.
This won't be what your issue is as the car doesn't need the glow plugs this time of the year.
The problem is most likely the G450 exhaust pressure sender, this measures the pressure loss across the DPF and is an important sensor telling the ECU how full the DPF is. without this working correctly the DPF won't regenerate at the correct times and can end up getting blocked, if it hasn't already.
Don't drive around too much or too long before sorting this otherwise the DPF may become too blocked.

Karl.

Yeah I was going to change the glow plugs with a service anyways but last night the EML came on and was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts and if this would cause the rough idle? Thanks