Air con condenser issue - sockets too small

Veero

Reaction score
So apparently I have a small hole in the condenser, not a massive job so foolishly ordered a part from ECP...

Got everything off new condenser fitted in the bracket holes perfectly and then found the fittings on the ends of the 2 flexis will not fit in the sockets on the condenser.

Each is a about 2mm in diameter too small to accept the fitting. There's an o-ring held on with a yellow retaining clip, is the clip necessary, it looks like the o-ring might squeeze in without it? It doesn't prize off easily though so I'm worried about breaking it and presumably it's there for a reason.

Anyone else experienced the same woe? ECP have been pretty good in recent years for various cars I've bought for but this is just ****** annoying.

Cheers
Veero

Right so they offer 5 items for the same year/make/model combo. GSF however offer 1. Looking a little deeper it turns out they changed port sizes after a certain VIN.

ECP are replacing it at my local branch for the correct more expensive one at no extra cost. Pain in the backside and minus a car for 2 days but should all be good in the end.

Just a warning to people out there, check those VIN numbers, never even occurred to me.

Well with the right part it fits surprisingly easily.

What wasn't easy was changing the drier. Jees how do they fit those things, do they have highly trained midgets fitting them in?