B6 2.5TDI Quattro Saloon to B7 front Conversion, Questions....

Carlito74

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Okay now as you can see from the photos my A4 is a tad boring looking & very much a "Plain Jane" so i'm looking about getting the front converted to a B7 A4 & also want to replace the rear bumper and change the rear exhausts so they're no longer pointing downwards but instead sticking out of the rear.

now a few questions about all this...

1) i want to keep the rear of the B6 as i think a B7 rear is a bit too much work!... so which B6 rear bumper/valance & also side skirts would go well with a B7 front?? as my body work is all stock Quattro (with no exhaust exits)

2) i've read all about the whole reshaping of the front wings etc. needed to get the front of a B7 to fit flush with the rest of the car, is there anybody around my area (Berkshire) that has done this already and would be able to fit all of this for me in exchange for monies? or know of any good body shops around here to get this done?

3) anyone have an accurate list of the parts needed for the new B7 front conversion

4) any good exhaust places that can modify my exhaust (around here) to have dual exits and sound more beasty once a new rear bumper has been fitted with dual exits?..

5)lastly any good body shops that can respray mentioned bumpers to colour match the rest of the car once finished? and/ or knock out a dent in the rear wheel arch (late night parking and not paying much attention to the sensors :cower:) pictures will follow of this at another time...

Thankyou to all in advance...

and if anyone can help i will gather all the parts and keep this thread updated with progress..

Front
Left Side

Unfortunately not Englishman! Lol guess it might have to be done in stages, alternatively is it as hard as it looks to fit a s-line b6 front bumper on the car? As I know a majority of these come as lower valances that you have to modify the existing bumper with?..

If you just want it looking like a regular b7 all the front end can probably be had for just over £550 then you'll need it sprayed which (for a decent job) will be over £250. If you want a better b7 front (DTM, s-line and the like) budget for allot more than £1000 just in parts. Once you've got the parts you'll need the wings cutting and headlights adapting which if your not doing it yourself will be in excess of another £150.

Here's mine http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/jakes-b7-conversion-progress-thread.190651/ (currently in motion at my friends garage)

Whatever you do don't underestimate costs and think this can be done on the cheap, I collected parts over a long period of time to try and get them cheaper but I've still spent in excess of £1000 and that's before any work or spraying has been carried out (luckily I know some people in the motor trade so theirs a fair few favours for favours in the labour).

As your car is fully standard and from a financial point of view it's best (hate to say this because people said it to me too) putting some extra cash down and buying a b7, the sexy 3.0TDI (which is basically the evolution of your 2.5TDI) can be had for under 5k now which is a bargain. My car already had in excess of £1500 worth of mods (mostly engine work) which couldn't easily be transferred to another car which is why I went the whole hog getting b7 parts knowing the car could never be sold as theirs too much invested in it.

If you just want it looking like a regular b7 all the front end can probably be had for just over £550 then you'll need it sprayed which (for a decent job) will be over £250. If you want a better b7 front (DTM, s-line and the like) budget for allot more than £1000 just in parts. Once you've got the parts you'll need the wings cutting and headlights adapting which if your not doing it yourself will be in excess of another £150.

Here's mine http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/jakes-b7-conversion-progress-thread.190651/ (currently in motion at my friends garage)

Whatever you do don't underestimate costs and think this can be done on the cheap, I collected parts over a long period of time to try and get them cheaper but I've still spent in excess of £1000 and that's before any work or spraying has been carried out (luckily I know some people in the motor trade so theirs a fair few favours for favours in the labour).

As your car is fully standard and from a financial point of view it's best (hate to say this because people said it to me too) putting some extra cash down and buying a b7, the sexy 3.0TDI (which is basically the evolution of your 2.5TDI) can be had for under 5k now which is a bargain. My car already had in excess of £1500 worth of mods (mostly engine work) which couldn't easily be transferred to another car which is why I went the whole hog getting b7 parts knowing the car could never be sold as theirs too much invested in it.

Hi jake

Thanks for the input! appreciate it a lot! be interesting to see how yours goes! hows the progress coming along with yours at the moment? as i saw you havent finished yet?

how are you finding cutting the wings to get it to sit nicely?

looking at alternatives at the moment.. i.e (and i hate to say it) the Hofele RS4 EVO look... or perhaps the EVO LITE which in my opinion is alright really, doesn't stick out look a big nose like the RS4 look one does..