170 tdi Dpf light on 8 months after remap.

the obese penguin

Reaction score
Hi

As per title I had my DPF removed 8 months ago when I had the standard turbo replaced. It was remapped as required and has been great up until a few days ago when the DPF warning on the dash came on and will not go out. Car drives no differently to usual with the light on.

Any one shed light? Any possible sensors that could be causing it? I don't believe it can be related to the map after 8 months has passed.

Regards.

Hi

As per title I had my DPF removed 8 months ago when I had the standard turbo replaced. It was remapped as required and has been great up until a few days ago when the DPF warning on the dash came on and will not go out. Car drives no differently to usual with the light on.

Any one shed light? Any possible sensors that could be causing it? I don't believe it can be related to the map after 8 months has passed.

Regards.

I don't know enough about how the DPF is remapped out of the car, however, if the sensors are still in the code I would think it's a dodgy sensor causing it.

If the sensor data and the whole shebang is coded out I have no idea unfortunately.

Sensors are still needed depending on the type of patch that was applied , dpf mapping is a headache in general as we deal with nearly all cars and your car runs a Siemens ecu if it's a PD170

It may want a diagnostics and ash counter reset

Sensors are still needed depending on the type of patch that was applied , dpf mapping is a headache in general as we deal with nearly all cars and your car runs a Siemens ecu if it's a PD170

It may want a diagnostics and ash counter reset

Bearing in mind this car does not have a DPF anymore
We plugged in Vagcom today, no codes were flagged up we then took it for a run. The DPF load co efficiency was 215% and after 25 mins driving in 4th at 2500-3000 we got it down to 160% but really didn't want to go any lower. But after reading on various forums it seems after this time it should have gone down to the desired less than 20% ideally 0%

Still not sure whats going on :(

Force a regeneration or code the car that a new dpf is fitted

No it won't flag up always and speak to previous tuner or come to see us