P0300 fault code help......

john crossland

A4 Quattro Sport 1.8T (190)
Reaction score
So I am now getting the above code with p0302/p0303. Random misfire and misfire on cylinder 2 & 3. Swapped coil packs from 1 & 2. Got cel light in again but still same codes so don't think it's the coil packs.......
any ideas ?

Coilpack or coilpack wiring. When were the sparkplugs last changed?
Check with your local Audi dealer to see if your car is covered by the VAG coilpack replacement campaign.

scanning with vcds may be better.

update.
today i have changed faulty coil pack on cylinder 3 and changed out spark plugs. still getting p0300 and p0302/p0303. cylinder misfire on 2 and 3.
you only get these codes at 6000 rpm+. anyone have any ideas where i progress from here.
is it worth taking egr off to check if its blocked?
could it be vacuum related as when you rev the car up it revs like normal buyt the revs are very slow to come down. the only time i have seen them do that is when i left the air intake pipe disconnected from the maf.
anyone?

thanks

As stated you really need to get it on VCDS & look in the engine blocks. MAF sensor is a possibility, but you'd have to log it in vcds to diagnose properly.

maf was changed last week, hopefully have just been put in touch with a decent diagnostic guy so we'll see where that goes