a3 3.2 dsg engine and gear box mounts advice please :)

bikedoctorr

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
hi after having numerous exhaust issues im now being told my engine mounts are to blame. I thought it was the bottom one in the sub frame as I was told these are the ones to go but it went to a garage today and they have said that one is fine but the one top right as you look at engine is split and gear box one moves a lot.

so my question is. is there anything wrong with after market mounts on ebay. there about 55 quid for the top one and made by fabi bilstien. anyone used one or know if there a good make.

gear box one im struggling with as can only find second hand ones on the bay. gonna go check out euros etc now. any suggestions.

is there any point to getting the power flex bush insert for the bottom mount. seams like a bit of plastic that goes inside the original mount to stop it moving??? anyone used one. thoughts please.

thanks in advance
jason

valco mount is 35 quid on bestpartsstore.co.uk anyone used them????

Febi bilstein is a good brand use their stuff in mine

Don't use any polybush in the dog bone. Will shake you to death

I found some on ebay. it was a dearer one 55 quid so assumed you would get a good brand but see they do all three including the cheapo one. I hope I get a good make for the money. tbh im now questioning what the garage said as they said it was split but I cant see any splits in it. I have brought it now so will change it anyway.

what I was thinking of one the dog bone was not the bush its self but you can by a fast road insert for the big rubber ring. its stops some of the movement but not all. its a fast road setting as such. they don't recommend the race one for the road. I thought if that mount is week then it might sure it up a bit without having to got the expense of having it taken out or replaced and I really don't want to take the sub frame off to do it :( just had it 4 wheel tracked and the subframe controls the camber