Idle up and down can't remove oil cap!

Reaction score
Just want some advice my car has a rough idle will go up and down and when I switch the car off you can hear pressure coming from the area where the pcv valve is located and can't remove the oil cap until the pressure has stopped hissing also an intermiting whistle noise on low acceleration

Can anyone confirm this or any advice

Cheers Mike

Yes mate common problem, you need new PCV. I mentioned this in the other thread you posted. Im sure someone else will be along soon to confirm this as well. The oil cap issue is further proof of PCV problems. I think there is a revised PCV that you could install mate, not sure of part numbers or anything though.

Reactions: PORTER22
Yes mate common problem, you need new PCV. I mentioned this in the other thread you posted. Im sure someone else will be along soon to confirm this as well. The oil cap issue is further proof of PCV problems. I think there is a revised PCV that you could install mate, not sure of part numbers or anything though.

Thanks for the reply mate yeah was just making sure. My car has a dealer warranty as I've only had my S3 a week I've phoned them up and got it booked in tomorrow and explained what I think it is just hope they fix it because there is no fault codes showing up but the symptoms are there tho

Ah thats good news for you then mate as they should replace that for you no problems. Its not that expensive a part either so they should have no issues doing that for you.

Ah thats good news for you then mate as they should replace that for you no problems. Its not that expensive a part either so they should have no issues doing that for you.

Yeah it's a common part to go on then I've seen doubt my cars had one before considering its still low miles for it's year thanks again mate

Reactions: s3_trev
Yeah very common,changed one 3 week ago exact same symptoms,cheap from tps and i'm sure they are a slightly improved design now,20 minute job.

Yeah very common,changed one 3 week ago exact same symptoms,cheap from tps and i'm sure they are a slightly improved design now,20 minute job.

Thanks for the reply I'm certain its that. It's going to the vw dealer where I bought it only had the car a week lol love it so far just common problem I guess