S3 recaros help required

lbsbloke

Reaction score
I recently bought a pair of S3 recaros to install in a mk4 golf
I was expecting the seats to drop straight in but the lower part of the seats is different
I have H frame style sliders instead of the Y style fitting generic to the 8l and golf platform
I'd like to use the seats as They're in exceptional condition and, quite frankly,No good to sell on
So....my question is... Is it possible to buy the correct sub frame?
Any help appreciated, Cheers
PS... I Don't want to buy another pair of seats unless They're sub 100 quid
I have subframes in the golf to take flat bottom seats but they push the recaros up too high
Thanks again

The seats in the golf have to be removed, completely, you remove the two bolts at the front, lift the front, then roll the seats out of the runners backwards, the recaros come with their own sub frames, locate the rollers into the runners, reconnect the plugs, then replace the two bolts at the front, job done, I did this on my old gti, unless the person who sold them to you sold you S4 seats, which are different.

Hi. Thanks for your reply,
I'm familiar with all the above
Problem is my seats Don't have the correct fittings as described... They're more like flat bottom runners.... The type that bolt directly to the floor as in later models
There's No side rollers or front bolt location
It's as if they've been converted at some point
My question is.. can they be changed back
Ie. Can I remove the runners and retrofit the correct subframes?

You can, but finding some that aren't attached to seats might difficult, unless you can get some from seats that have had the air bags gone off, therefore cheaper.