£60 warranty inspection cost

Magicmcfc

Reaction score
Hi

Do Audi charge £60 to do warranty work. My a3 is 13 months old. Can't understand the charge as when I took my a4 for warranty work 2 years ago it was free?.
Thanks

Unless they are charging for the initial diagnostic scan.
If anything is found, then they "should" surely give this back to you. If nothing is found, then you could lose this, as you can't expect the technician to do the work for free.

When mine went in for warranty work at 14 months old I got told I would be charged £60 if there was nothing wrong. Turns out it needed a HPFP replacement so charge was waived.

Last edited:
Never heard of this before it seems a bit harsh guess it covers them for an hours labour.

Could be a good justification for getting VCDS so you can do a scan and are better informed of any mechanical/electrical issues before hand and can research any error codes. Sqeaks, rattles, corrosion etc are probably a bit more obvious unless the types that happen under certain environment or driving conditions not sure how you stand getting the £60 back then.

Doesn't sound like a good policy for good customer relations and making you return to the brand for your next car tho.