lowering & common problems

Jef93

Reaction score
Two totally unrelated questions, firstly looking to lower my a3 black edition , did this with the aid of coilovers before and ride was far too harsh, so looking shocks and springs, only looking around 30 mm so not massive any reccomendations?

Secondly i was browsing the forum on common problems with the 2tdi cbbb engine code pre 2010. Oil pump some say is a issue some say the a3 chasis arnt effected could anyone clear up? Along with other common issue.

Thanks

Eibach pro-kit is more comfy than OEM and will lower 30-35mm

I have a CBBB and yes it is affected by oil pump issues. Gonna replace my hex drive whenever car needs next oil change methinks.

Eibach pro-kit is more comfy than OEM and will lower 30-35mm

I have a CBBB and yes it is affected by oil pump issues. Gonna replace my hex drive whenever car needs next oil change methinks.

Just hex drive key ?

Just hex drive key ?

Yes buddy i know it is the cheat method and not the 'proper' way to do it but it will do for now as a temporary measure to make sure I don't ruin my engine until I have time to take the car off the road

Once it's off the road it needs the oil pump doing properly plus bodywork touch ups and the rear driver side door looking at too

Thanks for your help! Going to be looking at eibach if it's comfier than oem! Reasonably priced Aswell! And are we saying change the whole oil pump is that the safest route?

Cheers

Going for a remanufactured balance shaft which takes the 100mm hex drive is yes.