annoying boot rattle

s11nny

Reaction score
Hi I have a annoying rattle in the boot, sort of like a rubbing sqeeking sound. I have read about the fix about checking the boot trim is secure where the parcel shelf is, I have even had to buy a new trim panel as the old one broke. this seemed to fix the issue for a day, but now the rattle is back,
I have tried taking the parcel shelf out and driving without it and still get the same noise,
any ideas, may have to go to audi as it is annoying

I had this on my a3, solved by turning the music up louder :whistle2:

Reactions: Helen walker
I know when I had a rattle from the rear of my A3 I thought it was parcel shelf/boot plastics making the noise. Mine turned out to be the stone guard on one side. Look under the car behind the rear wheels and check that the stone guards aren't wobbling/rattling (they are pretty much under the rear suspension) Not sure what car u have but worth a punt.!

Checked stone gaurds they are attached properly suspension looks ok nothing broke. It deffo boot related. Its like something rubbing. Looks like its gnna have to be drive with loud music all the time lol

Hi I have a annoying rattle in the boot, sort of like a rubbing sqeeking sound. I have read about the fix about checking the boot trim is secure where the parcel shelf is, I have even had to buy a new trim panel as the old one broke. this seemed to fix the issue for a day, but now the rattle is back,
I have tried taking the parcel shelf out and driving without it and still get the same noise,
any ideas, may have to go to audi as it is annoying

This is my RS3 fix:

RS3490_zpsen7kakhr.jpg

thanks ill try that tape fix next, deffo not the carpet as it always gets better after moving the shelf, if still not fixed may try a new parcel shelf,

I found that if the rear seats are not pushed right back in the can make the same noise your describing. Or take out the spare wheel and foam see if it's any of that stuff.

Reactions: irowpod
have pushed the seats right back, seems to be temperature related, in the morning it makes this noise, after being In the sun all day and driving back from work there was no noise, I haven't even adjusted anything.