Remap done...

Robin Chandler

Reaction score
OK then, remap done by the guys at Storm Developments, really pleased, can't stop smiling and have ended up cooking my brakes for the first time since having the car!
The guys were really nice, and the car now drives how a Quattro should. Really smooth, and just keeps on pulling!
And for just 200 notes!! Feel like I've bagged a barging :yahoo:

Reactions: S3Alex
I wasn't too bothered about exact figures. They told me it can be up to 65bhp increase! I'm a sceptic and from past experience with a Gallant VR4 that went from 240bhp to 307bhp (rolling road proved) it feels to me in the 40 to 50 mark. To be honest, I will never know unless I get it on a rolling road but I am not disappointed one bit. Looking forward to enjoying the extra horses.

I thought you'd be pleased.

They rounded up over 600 horses for mine,so between them and AMD,they know their stuff.

I've just done one of my regular routes, 24 miles and it's improved my MPG by 5 as well. Just gets better :smug:

Reactions: voorhees and S3Alex
I've just done one of my regular routes, 24 miles and it's improved my MPG by 5 as well. Just gets better :smug:

It actually does,doesn't it.

My Stg1 remap took me to above 30mpg without changing the way I drove the car,and better performance.

Reactions: Robin Chandler
Bit of a problem today and not entirely sure what's involved???
Drove about 30 miles at normal speeds this morning and then as I joined the M40 took it up to 4k revs in 3rd with no problem, put it into 4th and power loss!?
Felt like it had gone into safe mode or the turbo wasn't working! Got to the services and tick over and reving the engine was fine. Loss of power was only under load.
Turned the engine off and then back on again and all is now good!!!! Driven 400 miles with no more problems!
Could this be a coil pack on it's way out?
Anything else it could be?

Likely to be coil packs or plugs as the usual suspects.

Any misfires?

Plugs were new day before remap, bosh double platinum. No miss fire or stutter when warm. Has always had a stutter when first started and cold but only does it first gear change from 1st to 2nd then it doesn't happen again. I'll plug in tomorrow and see if there's any codes up!

Pulled this fault code off today but i think its from before the remap?! Have reset and ill see what happens over the next week

1 Fault Found:
000564 - Boost Pressure Regulation
P0234 - 001 - Limit Exceeded (Overboost Condition) - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100001
Fault Priority: 0
Fault Frequency: 2
Reset counter: 255
Mileage: 160965 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2015.06.17
Time: 15:45:29

Freeze Frame:
RPM: 3856 /min
Load: 60.8 %
Speed: 96.0 km/h
Temperature: 81.0°C
Temperature: 20.0°C
Absolute Pres.: 1000.0 mbar
Voltage: 14.478 V

Readiness: 0000 0000

hi. glad to hear you're pleased with the remap.

just wondering how they did it, presumably it wasn't done on a rolling road since you don't know the power?

therefore is it just a copy n paste map that is only suitable for a standard s3?

cheers

hi. glad to hear you're pleased with the remap.

just wondering how they did it, presumably it wasn't done on a rolling road since you don't know the power?

therefore is it just a copy n paste map that is only suitable for a standard s3?

cheers
no rolling road, done with a laptop.

why is it only suitable for a standard s3?? Never heard that!

Just cos it doesn't have a rolling road print doesn't mean it wasn't a custom map .. Could have been done live on the road?

as in some companies have copy n paste maps that are only suitable for a standard car, as it assumes all standard parts and wont account for other mods

"Just cos it doesn't have a rolling road print doesn't mean it wasn't a custom map .. Could have been done live on the road?"

very true. i'd like some actual figures if i'm spending money on things that are meant to improve performance though

Reactions: Sayam
"Just cos it doesn't have a rolling road print doesn't mean it wasn't a custom map .. Could have been done live on the road?"

very true. i'd like some actual figures if i'm spending money on things that are meant to improve performance though

This is true for sure....all of the work on my car has been done with a mixture of both RR and live mapping,usually with the initial work being done on the RR,followed by final setup and logging on the road,and this is the approach that both AMDTuning and Storm have used on my car.

Having a set of figures is very nice,but in the end it's how the car moves down the road that really matters,and if for instance,Storm hadnt told that they'd managed a massive torque increase with the ECU work,I'd certainly have noticed it for myself,but I see your point.

That code is usually related to a split DV - very common. Get the latest OEM DV (you can fit it yourself without removing the engine cover in less than 10 mins)

Reactions: mister.c. and S3Alex
Fault came back again yesterday!! engine off and then back on again and everything was fine!!

I've done about 1600 miles with no problems at all. Very strange. I did notice this time that the steering felt a tiny bit heavier!

No fault codes up!