would engine light came on ?

oldcar

Reaction score
Folks, I am just wondering would the engine light came on with twin cat removed and replaced with a single pipe but relocate 02 sensor to its previous position. Has any one experienced this???? Thanks

Yes, its 2001 S3 with revo 1 mapping.

Hello mate, i don't know with your S3 but on my A3 i de-catted it and the engine light did come on because with my car it has 2 sensors, 1 before cat which contols fueling and the other after the cat which lets the ecu know how efficient the cat is. My decat pipe only had 1 sensor port so i put sensor 1 in and just had sensor 2 cable tied up under the car, then when i went for a remap sensor 2 was deleted from the ecu, now revo wouldn't be able to do this, that i'm aware of, because it isn't a custom map.

Reactions: oldcar
You need to get the second sensor coded out if you have gotten rid of the cat.

Reactions: oldcar and The Homacide
I agree with daithi23, it seems that your o2 fooler hasn't worked on this occasion so as daithi23 said you'd need to get it chided out just like I did.
1 question, how much bhp did revo give you?

I agree with daithi23, it seems that your o2 fooler hasn't worked on this occasion so as daithi23 said you'd need to get it chided out just like I did.
1 question, how much bhp did revo give you?
I know the revo guy the agent for the region. with revo 1 meant to be 19psi 265hp. But he said he will set mine at 24psi as KO4 is designed to run 30psi. So I have no idea how many KW i have. But I can tell you i have no problem running either summer or winter at 24pis, and it holds 22 all the way. So I have sports muffler and mid pipe-but stock cat. And silicon intake installed. You can tell me what hp I have??

thanks guys for the inputs, looked like I need a spacer installed with a high flow cat to work with 2 oxygen sensors(front and back of the cat)

For what I've read you need to keep the first sensor in or it could mess with your fueling and the car wouldn't run right, as I said before the second sensor only measures the efficiency of the cat itself. I take your asking the question because you want remove the cat, with regards to power figures I wouldn't know as I'm not an s3 owner

With all that effort to get a spacer, you'd be better off getting it coded out at the same time as getting a custom map. From what I know from reading here and friends that have revo maps, they are very aggressive and spikey.

You don't need the second sensor at all, as said above, it is there to check the efficiency of the cat. If you knew someone local to you with vagcom they may be able to do it?

thanks again, which is the useless sensor? front or back ones please.

The back one. Mine is out now since I did the decat. Driving around with the engine light on until I get my car mapped.

Yep the back one no good, mines already coded out with the remap thanks to r-tech performance