Locked ECU

IL3888

Reaction score
Went to get my 2007 A4 2.0tdi 170 remapped but couldn't be done due to the ECU being locked and not letting the guy access it. Anyone had this before and know how to get around it?

Sounds like its been remapped before and the tuner/mapper has locked it as part of the process. @Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps might know a bit better.

Speak to rick @ unicorn motor developments. He'll be able to sort that.

Seems a few do this and most tools don't have a problem but some do, one way you can get around it if you set on the tuner you went to would be dealer £65 could apply a software update and clear it off or some one with Autologic diagnostics for vag to do the same, or try a different tuner to see if they user a different read / write tool that can get past it

Sounds like it's already been mapped, why do you want to map it again? .
As above there are tuners who have better tools / more knowledge. Where did you take it to get it mapped ? .

Karl.

I'm pretty sure it's not been mapped already as it's nothing like my bros VRS which is mapped. Some guys who came to me. They mapped my mates golf to. Gave him launch control and popcorn limiter for £120

My ecu wouldn't play ball either, but had never been mapped. There was. Map on it that was doing nothing for power or anything (possibly the 220 factory map, who knows)

Did you ever get it remapped Craig?
What's the "factory 220 map"?

I have the same issue on my 220 TFSI, we thought that the car may have been mapped already but it doesnt really feel like it so they done a data log to check the figures and it's not been mapped

Did you ever get it remapped Craig?
What's the "factory 220 map"?
Yes it's got several maps on now. But I believe the ecu needs removing each time. It won't do it via the obd, or atleast it didn't last year. I wasn't there when Rick mapped it this time so I'm not sure what the procedure was.

Mine won't have it. It's never been great through the obd. He's a top tuner, probably one of the best in the game to be fair