S3 Cabriolet

Dano28

Reaction score
Is this the right section for the cabriolet?

Can't see many/any posts about them...

Thinking of either S3 Cab or TTS Roadster wanted to have a look at what people were saying about the Cab and pics :)

I suppose your opening statement says a lot :)

What's the wind and noise like in the cabin with the roof down and did you go for the wind deflector?

Thanks

Roof up, it's a lot quieter and more refined than many hardtop cars I've been in. You'd hardly know it's a diesel, much less a soft top. You do hear a tent-like 'pitter patter' on the roof when sat stationary at traffic lights etc in the rain, but my wife actually lists this as one of her favourite 'features', go figure...!

Roof down with all the windows down, things are obviously a bit blowy at anything beyond urban street speed. I still wouldn't say the engine is particularly loud though, although if you're going for an S then you'll have a nicely tuneful exhaust note to listen to. Put the windows and deflector up (so yes to your second question) and all buffeting vanishes. We've done 100 MPH down a German autobahn on a sunny day in complete comfort. A nice little feature is that if you adjust the heating with the roof down, it will automatically revert to it's previous setting when you raise the roof, but it also remembers your 'roof down' setting and automatically switches back to it next time you drop the top.

Reactions: phil1824
Thanks for the reply Relliott6879, it's a great looking car will have to have some extensive test drives of the S3 Cab and TTS Roadster to make our minds up!

Thanks
Dan

We have had our cab for just over 5 weeks now and loving it, came from a 1.8tfsi auto to the 2l tdi Quattro. Agree with everything above apart from the road noise compared to the saloon, it is just a fraction noiser but nothing to moan about.

Rich

Dealer only had a cabrio available in the "S3" flavour when i wanted a test drive so i figured if that handled ok then then SB would be fine. Was very impressed.