yourAudi - Track New Car Order

Mine has gone to status 60, so just two days in the UK port. Hoping for a call today or tomorrow for me to come in and sign!
Same here buddy. Status 60 this morning. Maybe a bit late for collection this weekend but next week seems realistic.

Reactions: AGAG, Darroch and billy.rt
Mine is being delivered Tuesday, it's going to be a long 5 days but the end is near!

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Darroch and billy.rt
you've got a few days to loosen her up a bit before the weekend! bet you cant wait! :racer:

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Macman80
Dealer has finally emailed me back and says that I'm still looking at a delivery date in December even though the tracker says construction date 16th January Just how accurate is the tracker? Ordered mine on 27/09 so a construction date of 16th Jan seems a long way out?!

I just want my S3!

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Good times @Audi Bairn & @Macman80 nearly there!

Trust me the wait is worth it!!

I'm sure it will, can't wait. Although I'll be sorry to see the S5 going too.
The one thing which will make it all worth while is if the S3 has the same feature my wife's new TT has.
Every time you switch off the ignition and go to leave the car it plays the two heartbeats from the end of the Audi advert through the sound system............... cool as ****! lol

Reactions: billy.rt and Darroch
Dealer has finally emailed me back and says that I'm still looking at a delivery date in December even though the tracker says construction date 16th January Just how accurate is the tracker? Ordered mine on 27/09 so a construction date of 16th Jan seems a long way out?!

I just want my S3!

I would say the tracking is more accurate than the salesman/woman wanting to keep your custom, from following this thread pretty much every ones build date has been accurate give or take a week

I would say the tracking is more accurate than the salesman/woman wanting to keep your custom, from following this thread pretty much every ones build date has been accurate give or take a week

My Salesman went to say to me "I'll call you with any news" the last time we were in then corrected himself and said "on second thoughts you phone me and update me" tongue in cheek as he knows we can track the system better than he can. his colleagues were listening in when i was explaining how to track the build status etc.

The one thing which will make it all worth while is if the S3 has the same feature my wife's new TT has.
Every time you switch off the ignition and go to leave the car it plays the two heartbeats from the end of the Audi advert through the sound system............... cool as ****! lol
that sounds awesome! that's a pretty neat feature, not something I think I would get bored hearing!

Ha ha it's the small things! What type of upgrade do you have to get for the audi advert sound clip?

Why did you move from an S5 to S3?

Paperwork done today and collection Saturday - they did say I could collect tomorrow but I can't due to work :( oh well, what's 1 more day when you have been waiting 3mths - still haven't seen it but the guy said it looks awesome

Not entirely sure of the process but here it goes:

ordered my s3 2weeks ago asking for a 1st march delivery told this was fine at the time.

Two weeks later I still cant get access to your audi so rang audi uk and been advised that you cant track the car on your audi until it is assigned a build week?

Also told it has been assigned a unconfirmed build week of 8 which means the last week of february which would mean no chance of a 1st march delivery. This would mean a 17 week wait for the car to be built! Thoughts?

Has anyone managed to get any kind of quote etc for insurance on a 66 plate S3 through the admiral group? I'm with Elephant and they cannot find the car on their system and even when I try to do a dummy quote with numberplate's off of approved audi sales (66 regs registered from Sept 16) it doesn't find the car, Confused.com finds them though.

what are people's thoughts on the GAP insurance Audi offer?

Not entirely sure of the process but here it goes:

ordered my s3 2weeks ago asking for a 1st march delivery told this was fine at the time.

Two weeks later I still cant get access to your audi so rang audi uk and been advised that you cant track the car on your audi until it is assigned a build week?

Also told it has been assigned a unconfirmed build week of 8 which means the last week of february which would mean no chance of a 1st march delivery. This would mean a 17 week wait for the car to be built! Thoughts?
hi samo! from my own personal experience and a few others in a similar situation I placed my order on the 21st September and have been given a build date of the 12th December. going on an average wait of a month from the start of the build to delivery (give or take a week or so) i'm looking at an 18 week wait from order to taking delivery of the car. I was told this was due to high demand of orders on the car, and initially told a delivery time of 8 weeks from order. where you have requested a date maybe its different I'm not sure. but if you've been given a build week of 8th of feb I will be very impressed with a 1st of march delivery!

hi samo! from my own personal experience and a few others in a similar situation I placed my order on the 21st September and have been given a build date of the 12th December. going on an average wait of a month from the start of the build to delivery (give or take a week or so) i'm looking at an 18 week wait from order to taking delivery of the car. I was told this was due to high demand of orders on the car, and initially told a delivery time of 8 weeks from order. where you have requested a date maybe its different I'm not sure. but if you've been given a build week of 8th of feb I will be very impressed with a 1st delivery!
apologies... I read that as the 8th of feb not build week 8! probably late march if that's your build week buddy! wait until it appears on your tracker and maybe give them a call to try get the build week brought forward 2/3 weeks to give you a chance for a 1st of march delivery!

Has anyone managed to get any kind of quote etc for insurance on a 66 plate S3 through the admiral group? I'm with Elephant and they cannot find the car on their system and even when I try to do a dummy quote with numberplate's off of approved audi sales (66 regs registered from Sept 16) it doesn't find the car, Confused.com finds them though.
I run a quote last night on a dummy car off autotrader with moneysupermarket, I was pleasantly surprised with the quotes I was receiving!

EDIT: and elephant was on the list of competitive prices to be fair

I run a quote last night on a dummy car off autotrader with moneysupermarket, I was pleasantly surprised with the quotes I was receiving!

EDIT: and elephant was on the list of competitive prices to be fair

I know confused and moneysupermarket shows it but none of he admiral group show it which is annoying as i need to get the insurance certificate over ASAP

Last edited:
Ha ha it's the small things! What type of upgrade do you have to get for the audi advert sound clip?

Why did you move from an S5 to S3?
Didn't even know it would do this, so first time I got out the car I was like wtf was that!? Must be standard.
I generally change cars before it's 3 years old and it only me in it 90% of the time so thought I'd go for something smaller but retaining the performance.

Reactions: Darroch and AGAG

In my opinion, i wouldn't drive the car out of the sales room without it.

Reactions: Richierich37 and Audi Bairn
Just got the call!
Paperwork tomorrow, collection on Thursday night.
Could've had it Tuesday but I'm busy that night - bummer!

Reactions: Darroch and AGAG
I've always bought GAP insurance (NEVER from the dealer, it's easily at least 50% cheaper elsewhere) but probably won't this time after I read on MoneySupermarket that you don't need it for the first year on a new car as most of the time it is covered by your normal comprehensive insurance. Sure enough, I just checked the "New car replacement" section of my policy I'm covered for a new like-for-like replacement for the first 12 months if the repair cost is 60% or more or the car is stolen.

So i'll just buy external GAP in year 2 I think (I haven't managed to make it to a year 2 yet in any of my cars before changing).

Just got the call!
Paperwork tomorrow, collection on Thursday night.
Could've had it Tuesday but I'm busy that night - bummer!

Nice! Good that they sorted that out quick, they must have remembered that you're tracking them ;).

No call from my dealer yet, but it does still say status 60 rather than 70. I definitely want it in my hands by the end of next week, there's no excuse for them not to!

I've always bought GAP insurance (NEVER from the dealer, it's easily at least 50% cheaper elsewhere) but probably won't this time after I read on MoneySupermarket that you don't need it for the first year on a new car as most of the time it is covered by your normal comprehensive insurance. Sure enough, I just checked the "New car replacement" section of my policy I'm covered for a new like-for-like replacement for the first 12 months if the repair cost is 60% or more or the car is stolen.

So i'll just buy external GAP in year 2 I think (I haven't managed to make it to a year 2 yet in any of my cars before changing).
awesome, i will check this out also

hi samo! from my own personal experience and a few others in a similar situation I placed my order on the 21st September and have been given a build date of the 12th December. going on an average wait of a month from the start of the build to delivery (give or take a week or so) i'm looking at an 18 week wait from order to taking delivery of the car. I was told this was due to high demand of orders on the car, and initially told a delivery time of 8 weeks from order. where you have requested a date maybe its different I'm not sure. but if you've been given a build week of 8th of feb I will be very impressed with a 1st of march delivery!
Thanks im not impressed haha! when did you receive your access to your audi tracking?

Reactions: billy.rt

It's overpriced and you can get it much cheaper elsewhere but I always negotiate it as part of the deal and therefore am happy to take the Audi cover.

Thanks im not impressed haha! when did you receive your access to your audi tracking?
Mines through a leasing broker so it's a little different I would imagine to yourself, but I got mine within 2 weeks I think bud! And yeah it's frustrating i was hoping to have mine this side of Christmas!

Just remember that your insurance won't cover any outstanding finance / interest (if you have any) above the value of the replacement vehicle.

I've read about GAP insurance refusing to pay out if you get offered a replacement car by your comprehensive insurance, and most insurers offer that in the first 12 months which concerns me. I don't really know how it works on a scheme like a PCP because the finance company will want their full amount paid to them but your insurer(s) will want to just give you a new version of your car. I'll ask about all that when I go in to sign my paperwork, although i'm a bit sceptical about how much they tell me will be the truth.

The difference between paying for the insurance in year one as opposed to year two was only about £40 anyway for me. Just want to know that my GAP will actually pay out if I get it, rather than just saying it's down to the main insurance because of the new car replacement policy.

A few days ahead of schedule... for the moment

Screen Shot 2016 11 10 at 231249

Reactions: Beaver02

Comparethemarket picks up my reg plate and Admiral were providing the best quote.

Try that one out mate.

Comparethemarket picks up my reg plate and Admiral were providing the best quote.

Try that one out mate.

I did this but when ringing to confirm they told me this isn't the correct model and they need to escalate it, which is going to take 72 hours. I can't get the car delivered until I can prove I will be insured, I'm fuming!

If you put your reg in directly with admiral/elephant does it find the car and what is the model description it gives I might be able to do their job and provide them with the exact model from their site

Mine has changed to order status 38 this morning (released for shipping).

As this doesn't come with a date and time stamp, does anyone know how long it takes (roughly) between 38 to 39?

"orderStatus": "38",
"deliveryDealerCode": "00613",
"orderHistory": [{
"orderStatus": "30",
"statusDate": "2016-11-08T01:08:00+0000"

Reactions: Richierich37

I normally get it through the dealer - wouldn't have a car without it now.

The price that the dealer quotes can be negotiated down - I have never had issues getting it cheaper through the deal.

Reactions: Rolls
I did this but when ringing to confirm they told me this isn't the correct model and they need to escalate it, which is going to take 72 hours. I can't get the car delivered until I can prove I will be insured, I'm fuming!

If you put your reg in directly with admiral/elephant does it find the car and what is the model description it gives I might be able to do their job and provide them with the exact model from their site
Do you have to use Admiral? I have my S3 insured with Direct Line - very reasonable and they had the exact make / model of the car

Reactions: billy.rt
Mine has changed to order status 38 this morning (released for shipping).

As this doesn't come with a date and time stamp, does anyone know how long it takes (roughly) between 38 to 39?

"orderStatus": "38",
"deliveryDealerCode": "00613",
"orderHistory": [{
"orderStatus": "30",
"statusDate": "2016-11-08T01:08:00+0000"
Mine missed 38, but went from 30 to 39 in 16 days, 4 days to get to 40 and 3 days to get to 70 if that helps?

Reactions: Richierich37 and Paul_1985
Mine missed 38, but went from 30 to 39 in 16 days, 4 days to get to 40 and 3 days to get to 70 if that helps?

Thanks for that - seems strange some people miss this status and goes straight from left factory to being on the ship.

I am just being sad and checking every morning hoping to see that its on the ship - it has only been 3 days since it went to status 30, so guess I have more days to wait, as everyone who has posted their status has taken 10-14 days roughly to go from 30 to 39.

Thanks again and all the best with the pick up next week!

Got the call this morning, pre-handover next Wednesday and collection on Friday!

The salesman was telling me the car does not arrive until next Thursday, however the app is at code 70. I think I've been fed a few lies, but as long as I get the car next week I'll be happy!

Reactions: Audi Bairn and billy.rt