300hp now turbo chatter

Gonzokew

Reaction score
Hi there, just finished my stage 2 s3. R tech mapped it a couple weeks ago and it finished with 299.6bhp and 303 lbft.

Yesterday on full boost, my boost gauge went all the way up to 33 psi and the turbo sounds like it's going to stall.

It should be set to 1.5bar so this was worrying to say the least.

Firstly checked my forge dv realised I have a green spring so a yellow one is in order however is the actuator at fault?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Check the n75 pipe work, sounds like a pipe has split or come off. Don't let it boost that high again or you'll kill it.

Keep the green spring in there, you don't need a yellow one.

I'm not going to drive it again in till I've found the issue.

I'll check all the pipe work today

Thanks, the only one I haven't replaced is the one to the actuator. Ordered some silicone pipe today so will replace that asap

Thanks, the only one I haven't replaced is the one to the actuator. Ordered some silicone pipe today so will replace that asap
What pipe did you order for the actuator? I tried changing mine a little while back until I found the OE hose is a few mm difference in diameter at each end so the silicone tube was too big for the actuator and I didn't fancy adding a plastic reducer so I'm still looking for a suitable silicone replacement too. If you find one will you post a link please

Steve

I just ordered a 6mm and 4mm id silicone pipe to do whatever is left to do, will see how I get on

Update from today : the actuator hose as you were quite right is two different diameters. I ended up testing it and it seemed ok so put it on with new jubilee clips.

While it was off I painted the boost pipes and tightens downpipe bolts.

Put it all back together thinking I'll unplug the n75 after the drive as nothing would have changed. However I was consistently pulling 25psi. Who knows what happened.

I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 140
Well as long as it working ok now thats the main thing, may have been a leak somewhere which you rectified when you tightened everything back up.
Glad its working for you though