Audi A3 Cab Remote Roof

nyc2k

Reaction score
Hi there,

Complete newbie here. I was about to put down almost 300 dollars on a SmartTop. However I've read that remote activation of the roof can be activated by the VCDS settings. Are there any Audi A3 cabriolet owners that would know how to activate this feature? I don't want to have to pay 300 dollars if there is a way to do this via the settings. I have the convenience key with my Audi A3.

Many thanks!!

Don't have a Cabrio so cannot test myself, but am waiting on the results from someone who does. Will hopefully know in the next few days if any of the following work:

All the following Adaptations are in control module 9.

(1)-Convert. top oper.-Komfortbedienung Verdeck global

active

(2)-Convert. top oper.-Komfortbedienung Verdeck oeffnen

active

(3)-Convert. top oper.-Komfortbedienung Verdeck schlieflen

active

(4)-Convert. top oper.-Verdeck oeffnen via Schliesszylinder

active

(5)-Convert. top oper.-Verdeck schlieflen via Schlieflzylinder

active

(6)-Convert. top oper.-Verdeck oeffnen via Funkfernbedienung

active

(7)-Convert. top oper.-Verdeck schlieflen via Funkfernbedienung

active

(8)-Convert. top oper.-Verdeck oeffnen via Kessy

active

(9)-Convert. top oper.-Verdeck schlieflen via Kessy

active

(10)-Convert. top oper.-Doppelpuls nur Verdeck

active

(11)-Convert. top oper.-Verdeck mit Schiebedach

not active

(12)-Convert. top oper.-Heckdeckel sperren bei Verdeckbetrieb

not active

(13)-Convert. top oper.-Heckschloss oeffnen durch Verdeck-SG

not active

(14)-Convert. top oper.-Reichweitenbegrenzung fuer Servoheck schliessen

not active

(15)-Convert. top oper.-ZV verriegeln bei Klemme 15 Ein

not active

(16)-Convert. top oper.-Remote Lock Unlock Timer s1

0 s

(17)-Convert. top oper.-Remote Lock Unlock Timer s3

0.000 ms

Reactions: nyc2k
Thank you very much! That is great.

Not had anyone with a Cab make use of my services as yet so cannot confirm myself :( If anyone with a Cabrio fancies a meet, London, I am more than happy to test and report back.

Reactions: C39KER
I am in London PM me and we can meet this weekend if your about?

Reactions: DJAlix
Not had anyone with a Cab make use of my services as yet so cannot confirm myself :( If anyone with a Cabrio fancies a meet, London, I am more than happy to test and report back.
PM me and we can do this this weekend if you are about?

If it can't be done, then the smarttop modules are ****** brilliant. I have one on my MX5 and it's a godsend.

The standard roof control was a pain in the ****;

Ignition on, zero speed, handbrake on, gears in neutral, open latch, hold button down until roof is fully stowed, and then your allowed to drive again. Repeat tedious process to raise roof.

It's now a case of;

Open latch.

That's it, as long as forward speed is less than 15mph, the roof drops without further driver involvement.
To raise the roof, just press the button once, and it'll raise up as you drive, all you have to do is flip the centre latch when the roof reappears over your head.

[About the MX5..]

Ignition on, zero speed, handbrake on, gears in neutral, open latch, hold button down until roof is fully stowed, and then your allowed to drive again. Repeat tedious process to raise roof.

At least on the A3 you can do this while in motion (under 50Km/h) but you have to keep holding the button while opening/closing. A pain in the rear end! So even if VCDS can enable a one-click operation that would be great!

C39KER popped over today for some testing, top bloke and very nicely styled / themed and modded car! We activated everything we believe is needed for remote roof operation but could not get it to work. Project is a work in progress.

So after further investigation the adaptation channels listed above will only work in conjunction with Advanced Key / KESSY. No remote roof for normal key holders :(