ABS?

JohnStan725

Reaction score
Does anyone on here got any advice for me as I took my car to the garage to get it checked over however they was no help just told me it was a sensor however it affects my car badly, little explanation basically the light comes on now and then and stays on for a day or two and off for a day etc, usually the light only comes on when my wheels are skidding and now it's always on I think it's causing me problems when accelerating as it bogs badly when it's on esp I think the switch is, it seem to slow the car right down when I need it to hit high revs quickly usually in gear 2-3-4, me I think it's the right wheel that thinks it's spinning at the wrong speed compared to the others as it isn't a smooth ride when travelling 70mph but when the light is off drives smoothly and nicely like an audi should. Would appreciate help on this I've found a sensor but not sure whether it's easy to fit or where the other one is, the guy in the garage said it was a fault bit isn't causing any problems which I think isn't true.

Thanks in advance.

Can't remember what the fault code was I will find it out I have an obd but only the phone app not sure if that'll read it, good point there steering steel straight steers to the left a little would that make the esp come on?

Steering wheel needs to be dead straight else the steering angle sensor will think you are turning... if this happens then it can fool the ABS into triggering ESP

Faulty ABS sensor can do this as well as a break in the ABS sensor cable...

Fault code scan with VCDS is advisable

<tuffty/>

Sweet thankyou tuffty, do you think the abs will reduce my acceleration and make it loose revs some times? Could you tell me where the abs cable is positioned so I can check for damage please?

Is this an easy fix? I will look into vcds nice one