Launch Control Limit - Fact Or Fiction?

I assume I can't launch a 1.4 COD? Even if it's S-Tronic?

To be honest I don't think I'd want to either. With the "angry wasp" sound this engine makes at top revs I think my ears will bleed...

Launch control is not available on the 7-speed S-tronic boxes for transverse engines, so I'm afraid not.

Remember to turn off auto hold as launch control doesn’t want to work with it (although sometimes does) which is slightly concerning.

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Anyone else ?

PS A bit of a thread revival lol

Reactions: pburv
^^ are will still allowed to say Gay Lord?

TX.

Reactions: Lehn, oli356, Jcbmally and 1 other person
Launch control is not available on the 7-speed S-tronic boxes for transverse engines, so I'm afraid not.

Puzzled by what you mean. My S3 is a transverse engine on a 7 speed S-tronic. It certainly launches. Unusual to find a longitudinal (“straight”) 4 these days (although my ancient Morris has one). Do you mean something other than the engine orientation perhaps?

Puzzled by what you mean. My S3 is a transverse engine on a 7 speed S-tronic. It certainly launches. Unusual to find a longitudinal (“straight”) 4 these days (although my ancient Morris has one). Do you mean something other than the engine orientation perhaps?

No. This was posted pre-facelift when there wasn’t a 7speed wet clutch DSG on 4WD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

No. This was posted pre-facelift when there wasn’t a 7speed wet clutch DSG on 4WD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Ah ok. Fair enough but not really anything to do with the engine being transverse per se.

Last edited:

My 1.0L TFSI is a seven speed and doesn't. :rock:

When this comment was first posted several years ago there was one 7 speed dry clutch and one 6 speed wet clutch DSG available for the A3 8V. At that time there was a 7 speed wet clutch available for other Audi models with longitudinal engines.

Since then, a 7 speed wet clutch was added to some models of A3 8V.

Not sure why that comment is getting so much attention after several years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro