Night's S3

Allman45

Reaction score
Had my car for a year now but thought i would make an effort to create and maintain a thread.

I bought this car from my mate, he had it for several years and i always loved it. He promised me first refusal and i snapped his hands off :).

IMG 1846

First things first was to get some wider wheels over the standard. I opted for 3SDM's in black which i regret because you cant really see them and it doesnt set the car off too well.

Cachedimagerescalingservice

IMG 1085

Currently looking to refurb and get them sprayed in anthracite.

Next i decided to add some more turbo noise so it was time for induction kit and Forge DV

IMG 2274

IMG 22761

IMG 2368

Car now sounds alot better with the induction and turbo chatter noise.

Attachments

• IMG_2276.JPG
    IMG_2276.JPG
    770.7 KB · Views: 94
Remap time

IMG 2301

IMG 2302

The car made 340bhp but it didnt feel right as if something was holding it back. Very fast yes but not quite right, I went backwards and forwards to the tuner and he kept sending me away telling me to try different things to sort it out, none of it worked.

I was advised the car could only make 320bhp max on the standard fuel pump and any more it will be running lean!

Advice sought from a few other VAG tuners and i went to tuner number 2 for piece of mind.

Turns out the map was requesting stage 2+ figures without supporting mods and yes running lean. Not good!

Remapped again to make a safe 318bhp. Car feels faster though and alot more smooth! So pleased i got a second opinion!

Attachments

• IMG_2452.JPG
    IMG_2452.JPG
    137 KB · Views: 92
  • Dyno.jpg
    Dyno.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 106
  • Dyno.jpg
    Dyno.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 105
  • Dyno.jpg
    Dyno.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 124
In the less immediate future i have stage 2+ planned.

Any advice on clutch?
Exhaust?
Fuel Pump?
Intercooler to get?

Cheers

Not sure about clutch but for exhaust the BCS powervalve is a great hit with everyone who's had one on these forums. Sounds awesome on boost, but off boost it's not intrusive at all.

Fuel pump - you can either for for an entire new HPFP such as the ones Loba and APR provide. These get the best reviews with the least signs of failure. Another option is upgrading your existing HPFP internals with Autotech internals, I think Autotech had some failures very earlier on but recently haven't come across anything at all and seem to be a pretty safe bet. They're a lot cheaper than getting a completely new pump, however if £££ isn't an issue then go Loba/APR.

Intercooler - seems only to be needed if you plan on really thrashing your car over long periods of time, so much so that your standard intercooler will suffer from heatsoak so track days mainly. However Peron, Proalloy get good reviews along with the more established brands (APR).

Reactions: Allman45