Changing order from SB Sport to 3dr S-line

Minion Bob!

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Need some help here, maybe this is too late but was wondering if anyone knew the price difference per month on a PCP if I moved from a Sportback Sport to a 3dr S-line.

My order also just locked this morning! Would a dealer allow me to make such a change? Any experiences and or opinions on this much appreciated. Saw a sport and an s-line driving together today and the lights and kit on the s-line look so much better... I've always known about the slight difference but never seen them side by side... ehrrr... frustrating... HELP LOL

If it's locked, you will probably have to cancel your order and start again. Annoying but worth it in the end.

If it's locked, you will probably have to cancel your order and start again. Annoying but worth it in the end.

Would a dealer allow this, get angry I assume, any penalties etc. ?

PCP is all based around final value. The Sportback is likely to be worth more at the end of the finance agreement, therefore there may be little difference in monthly payments.

If the order is locked you'll have to start again, the dealer shouldn't mind provided you're also ordering the replacement through them.

Yeah I agree locked still means a few weeks from build and if you've ordered a fairly popular spec then they may just take it in as a stock or demo car. As others have said worth doing to get the car you want even if it means a longer wait - any dealer worth his salt should bend over backwards to help.

Hmmm just so confused, with the car 6-8 weeks away now its a hard choice...

My sport with Xenons I love. I am not disappointed I didn't get sline at all

To be fair thats my biggest factor in the thought of the change. The fact that they look so good and driven a few cars with Xenons and they are a world of difference when it starts getting dark here... Hmmm

Don't think I can attach a pic off my iPhone. But honestly looks the business. I was so worried I'd hate it, but the money I saved and put else where. For me the Xenons make the car

The xenons on the A3 are some of the best out of all the cars I've driven. Light intensity, colour, throw of light etc are just amazing at night. Plus the LED DRLs are worth it on their own.

Reactions: Minion Bob!
Also ACC with stronic has blown my mind. Effortless in traffic this morning. My drive to Luton airport tomorrow will be a breeze with that activated

I mean theres a lot more that I'd like but constricted by budget, id love s tronic and tech pack high but cant go that far now... maybe i should just take it as is for now and enjoy it for 3 years and then trade in, by then the facelift would also be around...

Reactions: Rob2k68
Is it a change from S/B to H/B to keep costs similar ? If you need the H/B size wise then you may be better of keeping with that but adding the Xenons and speccing it up a little.

I'd be inclined to drop back into the dealer and have a good look round both body styles and sport and s-lines to see what is important to you. Also get quotes as monthly payments may be similar against a higher GFV.

I dont actually need the S/B as I dont have a real need for the back doors but I just find it so much more convenient for parking in tight spaces etc. which i tend to have to do a lot. I was doing it so the extra s line cost would be a offset a bit but i think i should visit the stealers and see what the difference is, thats a good point @Rob2k68 I didnt think about that, would the S - line have a higher GFV (then again there's the decrease from going from 5dr to 3dr). Right need to visit the Stealers, hope I dont get a silly quote on the basis that he wouldn't want to cancel the order!

Reactions: Rob2k68
Better to cancel and re order the s line HB than take your current order if your not happy!! Might have to wait a little longer but at least you'll get the car you want! Dealer should be fine about it. You don't want to have regrets everytime you jump in it!! Hope you get it sorted.

Reactions: Minion Bob!