Parcel shelf, question!

S3AMJ

OEM+
Reaction score
Good day all, when I bought my s3 it didn't come with a parcel shelf. I've been looking around for a black one, but the only one I can get my hands on is for a 5 door a3...... Will this fit my car? :D

I dont think it will fit mate.

If you look on the parts database in the stickys, you maybe able to get an idea from there if the part numbers are different.

Ok thanks mate, I'll have a look later. Parking on the side of the road at home, have to keep pulling my tools out every night. Pain in my ***! Getting the rear windows tinted 30% on Wednesday, which will help slightly.........

There's no way to knowing 3/5 door on that parts database as far as I can see :S it just categorises A3/S3

I had a grey parcel shelf, didnt like the light grey v much, so i put it on a workmate & sprayed it black, (Ed china gave me the idea when he done it to a pug 205 on wheeler dealers) came out fine, needed couple coats, leave it outside to dry, slight paint stink in car for about a day but that soon goes

Reactions: epox
Haha don't tell me that now! I'm really struggling to find one. Rung all the local dismantles and checked on eBay. No luck other than that one which is for a 5 door...... Got my rear windows tinted 20% today, really please with it!

My sprayed shelf -
20150512 135142 resized

I'm too cool for Facebook :p what spray did you use essexman? Are they solid plastic or coated in fabric?

Halfords satin black, but i guess the aerosol in your local motor factors wouldnt be much different, yeah short fabric hairs, but just spray over lol, sounds terrible but it worked, i did give it another good coat 2 months later too,

Have a look here - and fast forward to 29.57, ignore the funny english voice over

Ha no way! It did look like a black parcel shelf after. Well if I can pick out a cheap grey one I might just give that a go! Cheers

Reactions: Essexman