VCDS for 8P3

sdutton007

Reaction score
I have just bought genuine VCDS and have been playing around a bit.

So far, I've managed to:
- fix my DPF (which was too far gone and needed replacement according to a garage)with a forced regeneration while driving.
- reset the service indicators (I service the car myself)
- Change the startup image on the RNS-E to the S3 one.

There are a couple of things I'm still trying to do though:
Needle sweep - I read somewhere this may only work on the S3 - can anyone confirm?
Parking sensors - I no longer have front parking sensors fitted but cannot find a way to disable them?

If anyone knows about the needle sweep or parking sensors, I'd appreciate it. Thanks

P.S. I've changed the coding for the Parking Module to enable the Optical Illustration but this is not working yet. Perhaps because of the missing front parking sensors?

Last edited:
Optical parking isn't working as it needs the 8 sensors.

Needle sweep will only work on s3/rs3 unless you burn a different eeprom to your cluster but you risk frying it in the process.

Reactions: Sayam
May I ask why you and many others have removed the front sensors?

To be honest, I had a little disagreement with a grass bank and a patch of ice. I lost...

The front bumper cracked across one of the sensors and I'm now missing the corner of my bumper inc fog light and 1 parking sensor so I unplugged the front sensors completely.

I'm currently trying to find a 8p3 bumper with parking sensors and headlamp washers but not having much luck.

Can S3 bumpers fit my 8p3 a3, or would it need bonnet and/or wings?

Oh dear sorry to hear. And tbh I'm. Not 100% sure on the s3 matter. However if you could find the right bumper without the holes. You should be able to drill them. Audi often has markings on the locations for the sensors