Ever think your S3 has got it in for you?

rhinopower

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Two weekends ago, i rewired the original rear speakers to my alpine headunit, and fitted a tiny alpine 2 channel amp to run the oem sub, which all sounds great now.

An hour later a coil pack went so had to bring it home. When removing the vacuum resovoir, the outlet split on that. Ordered a new resovoir, and borrowed another set of coils from a mate, to find the crankcase to inlet hose was split on the bend.

New hose turns up, and when removing the old one, the plastic elbow splits. I'm about to go outside and fit this elbow, and waiting to see what breaks next :(

Reactions: djslm
Oh yes, I think most S3 owners have that feeling at least once during their ownership, it's just another bit of fun us glutton's for punishment. :)

Thought i would do the sai delete whilst it was all apart, perfect oppertunity to nick the powersteering low pressure hose. glad i had a spare bit of hose and a joiner in the garage.

My S3 has it in for my knuckles and fingers.....some stuff to work on is just too damn fiddly.

Tell me about it!! I snapped the lower bleed nipple on the MC the other day. PITA!

Had a missfire, gave it a service, replaced the pcv system, put on a replacement coil pack wiring harness, then the steering rack died. Replaced the rack, now the missfires back lol!

my s3 started fishtailing on motorway (hit puddle in outside lane) @85ish shat my self need to get a new haldex controller /maybe rear suspension aswell

Last edited:
I recon they give us so much trouble is that they need to know how much we love them and at that point when all is well, they repay us with putting a great big smile on our faces.

Reactions: Jeriho