Pretty sure my BOSE isn't working...where to begin?

Jordan427

Reaction score
I'm quite sure my BOSE has never worked, the sound just sounds like any old crappy stereo with little to no bass. What would be the first things to check for/do? I have one of those 'connects2' things to play mp3s off a USB so whilst the sound wouldn't be great I would still expect a lot more! How would I check for a dead amp/sub?

Thanks

find the map on here for someone who has near you.

Bose is crap anyway. BOSE is your entire system, sounds like maybe the sub is not working. If you are getting sound from the speakers then the amp is working.

I was so excited when I got mine with BOSE, turned it on, and it was the biggest let down I've ever know! I could do better with a few hundred quid :)

Reactions: dandav1985
Bose is **** anyway. BOSE is your entire system, sounds like maybe the sub is not working. If you are getting sound from the speakers then the amp is working.

I was so excited when I got mine with BOSE, turned it on, and it was the biggest let down I've ever know! I could do better with a few hundred quid :)

Although I agree Bose is rubbish, when you compare the audio systems you get in other German 'prestige' cars with the ones in our Audis, we do pretty well...

I'm quite sure my BOSE has never worked, the sound just sounds like any old crappy stereo with little to no bass. What would be the first things to check for/do? I have one of those 'connects2' things to play mp3s off a USB so whilst the sound wouldn't be great I would still expect a lot more! How would I check for a dead amp/sub?

Thanks

Could be a possibility that an owner of the car before you just put bose covers onto his door card, or just put door cards in that had bose covers on them? Only way to find out is by taking the door card off and checking the speaker.

What are your thoughts on a full Focal upgrade? I thinking of doing something similar but wanted to hear other's impressions...

Not being funny but my Bose surround sound is awesome ;-)?

Reactions: lakers1234
My Bose is pretty good.
The bass though is poor compared to my BMW and to be honest it's not the best system in the world but non Bose systems are terrible. I would remove the door cards to see what you have and also locate your sub and amp.
I take it you have a concert head unit or nav plus?

Bose with RNS-E mkII sounds much better than Bose with Concert stereo. It gets a much higher level input...