Private sale price for my 8P opinions

musicegbdf

Reaction score
OK I have been thinking of getting a new S3 and a friend is interested in my 8P.
It is a Sportback TDI 170 quattro sport 31K miles reg Dec 2010 . Has Audi warranty till Dec 2015 and a service plan service included in Dec 2015. Fitted with cruise control.
Bodywork 100% , some light kerb scuffing on 2 of the wheels.
In Ibis white , never had any issues or damage. Thinking of asking £12k . This would be a "mates rate " price to them and not expecting to negotiate. Considering the warranty, low mileage and they know the cars history and stuff , do you guys think that is a fair price. Do not want to rip them off , but also not 100% sure I want to sell it yet , but that price would give me a chance to negotiate a cash deal on a new car...

TBH I was driving it at the weekend and it was driving like a dream , the main reason to change is we do a lot of short journeys and a low mileage... Also fancy something a bit more sporty...

IMO that's quite strong, I'd not be looking to pay more than 11k I think. I bought an 09 sport 2.0 TFSI from a dealer for 8.4k a few weeks back with full audi SH, 100% condition 50k mls.

OK , Thks . Just not really sure as there are so few out there. I saw one on a dealer website that was a 2011 with 82k miles for £15k ! Of course that is a chancer price.
Though being a deisel and still with audi warranty and a service already paid maybe is worth something too.
Will see the reaction , but thks your comment. Considering the current price is £28k and £26k with a discount I might just keep it a bit longer

I would say don't confuse asking prices with sold prices. You're asking us for a sold price and typically the asking pricing on autotrader etc will not be achieved. you also can't compare trader asking pricing with private sales since traders will always ask a bit more to cover their overheads, requirement to provide a warranty etc.
As a total aside, I would NEVER sell a car to a mate. Too much of a potential ball-ache.

good luck, whatever you decide.

Reactions: simboti19