Back with Audi :)

Paul76R

Reaction score
After 2 years of deflecting to BMW and a brief moment with a Seat i'm back in the Audi family.

I have recently bought a 2008 A3 2.0Tdi S-Line, 3 door in Phantom Black. It has 75K on the clock and full service history.

Compared with my previous A3, a 57 Plate 2.0Tdi SE S-Tronic i have to say its a completely different beast. It feels much more powerful and smooth in manual guise (i'm thinking has it been re-mapped previously?, it has bags of torque and will potter along in 6th gear at 30MPH. The S-Line suspension compared to the SE is fantastic, it really holds the road.

Best news is that the economy is so much better in the manual compared with the S-Tronic ( the main reason i changed orginally). I got 38mpg in the S-Tronic but am easily getting 50mpg in the manual and the best reading i've had was 57MPG on a rural run late one night.

Missing a few of the toys that i had on the SE such as the auto lights & wipers, rear parking sensors, coming home lights, interior light pack etc.... But find the S-Line so much more pleasing to look at and was loving the heated seats in the cold weather a few weeks back. plus the full leather interior is much classier in my opinion.

Both cars are the 140bhp BKD engine and are 8p2 cars, but feel worlds apart. Fingers crossed i'll keep this one for a while. Slight niggles so far, had to replace the rear wiper motor as the washer had packed up and also the rear springs as i had a knocking noise coming from the rear and the garage found one had snapped! Both sorted under warranty.

Tried to upload some pics, but the website's not having any of it!

Reactions: Sayam
Thanks Sayam, I'm aware that most things can be retro fitted. Cost is the only issue and the fact i'm down in Cornwall miles away from most people! lol