Changing ECU

JOSE8LT

Diagnosed with 8L Disorder
Reaction score
Hey guys..
If I want to change the ECU over for another one due to the stage 2+ unitronic map loaded on it what else do I need to have done? eg will I have issues with the cluster and immobilizer?.

Thanks
Jose

Yes... immo needs defeating or dash needs recoding...

As for the map... I assume you have all the pre-requisite hardware to support the map?... stage 2 maps will be more aggressive and if you have not got the hardware or your engine is a little tired then you will do more harm than good to your engine...

Custom mapping is a far safer way to do this

<tuffty/>

Thanks Paul, I'm transplanting the whole engine over K04 loaded. Would it be easier if I used the ECU, cluster and ignition from the donor car too?

Depends if you know someone with the right software to do what you need to do tbh... immo defeat can be straight forward enough if you are technically minded but if you have the clocks from the donor car then thats an option too... never done it personally so can't really advise on issues you may have but transferring just the ecu and the clocks should sort it all out from the electronics side of things

<tuffty/>

Maybe somebody knows: regarding the ignition swop, is it just the wiring loom to the ignition that I need to replace or the key/barrel mechanism too. The key I know the transponder sits in the back section so I could just change the front metal key part over.?

Jose

I think we will swop everything we can till it works! Haha honestly think it's ECU and cluster(being the gateway) and maybe body electronics module

Or worse case swop ECU only, tow the car to audi and let them code the keys to suit..few min done

Reactions: JOSE8LT