my k04 hybrid mapping at badger5

Yes it did Bill, on the Revo stage 2 it made 262 bhp and 265 torques on a local trusted Dyno. Same graph profile where the torque dropped off after 5500 pm.
Dont get me wrong Im really happy with the car, it pulls like a train and more inportantly the driveablility in absoloutley unreal. The torque delivery is crazy!
Im going to put a lower temp stat in and "wetter water" coolant into it to aid cooling, and another WMI nozzle in a throttle body adaptor plate to further aid cooling and boost the octane to try and battle any ignition timing pull.

Would it be possible to post the Dyno plots of both mine and Daz'z to show the effect of holding torque for that little bit longer can help reach the top figures?

And also, when are your came for sale?? ha ha!

feel free to post mine

So ive ordered the thermostat, throttle body spacer, and second injection nozzle.

Any ideas why my car wouldnt accept any more ignition timing to make the 330 bhp?
Ive got meth, Wellycooler, V Power petrol, no oil in boost system, PVC delete, NGK BKR7EIX plugs.

Thanks in advance

Worn engine, some are simply tired due to poor treatment in earlier life well before your ownership.

Low compression, poor ring seal, allowing some oil content into the cylinder reducing knock resistance, it could be all sorts to be honest mate.

Compression / leak down test would be advisable before spending a fortune on additional cooling. Whilst cooling may well help, it'll potentially only be a sticking plaster on a bigger issue.

Worn engine, some are simply tired due to poor treatment in earlier life well before your ownership.

Low compression, poor ring seal, allowing some oil content into the cylinder reducing knock resistance, it could be all sorts to be honest mate.

Compression / leak down test would be advisable before spending a fortune on additional cooling. Whilst cooling may well help, it'll potentially only be a sticking plaster on a bigger issue.

CHeers Prawn, I know what you mean but im going to fix the things Bill pointed out first, then go from there.

Its had new rings when the rods went in, so im confident they are ok. A compression test is in the pipeline to be done to confirm.
My gut feeling is the valve stem seals, reason behind this is that every now and then when the car is left for a day or so there is a slight puff of blue smoke.
The turbo is new so I doubt its the turbo seals, there is no oil in the boost pipes at all.

We will see how it goes. After the hybrid build I swore thats it im done, but Im already having visions of supertech valves and Bills new cams happening :racer:

This S3 slippery slope is worse than some of the Black ski runs I do in Switzerland! ha ha

scott where did you order the nozzle mate?

Yeah but should be in the UK in next 14 days so will no doubt be shipped out soon after.

So, the second nozzle is fitted, this weekend is radiator and cooler thermostat.
Taking it to a rolling road day at a local tuner that tends to have accurate figures, standard cars making book power etc etc
Hopefully we will see if the cooling mods are doing their thing :)

Reactions: daz-20vt and Broken Byzan