interior lights stopped working

Johnnyf

Reaction score
Took off the interior panel to check bulbs an all was fine. I replaced it an now my interior lights won't work with door or switch? Fuses are okay and the buttons light up fine but nothing from bulbs front or back. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Took off the light covers and unscrewed the whole assembly from the roof. interior panel wasn't the right thing to say. My bad

Hate to state the obvious but have you tried removing it again to check you didn't disturb anything behind the unit? Whilst it's off get the multimeter out and check you have power to it then at least you'll know if it's something else.

Ya had it off again and still the same. Never touched any of the connections or wires so I'm stumped. I'll get the multimeter on it tonight. Thanks

The courtesy lights are controlled by the Convenience Unit, (mounted under the dash, drivers side or in the door itself, I'm not Au Fait with A4's so haven't looked for mine yet) there is no door courtesy light switch. It was common for these to suffer dry joints or broken connectors on VAG cars over the past few years so I would seek that out for further investigation.