Lease......sorry if it's a dirty word

Jimowl

Reaction score
Hello all, first post so please be gentle. Great forum btw!

Sorry if it's a dirty word, but I've ordered myself a very sexy S3 fastback in Sepang Blue with comfort pack, SD sat- nav, folding mirrors and interior light pack.

I didn't want to add too much since I'll never own it - would've loved the seat upgrade for instance. Oh, and I'd have LOVED Riviera Blue (I think it is?!)

So, are there any other lease 'owners' on here? Anyone with experience of Fleetprices.co.uk? They've been great so far but we're only just past the order submission. Bit weird that I don't know which dealer it's with but I'm hoping to find that out.

No idea on build week but unlike most here who want it asap, I don't want it until September anyway! Assuming it gets built as a MY16, what exactly is changing?

Finally, do any lease holders have experience of using the non supplying dealer for service/warranty stuff. My options will be Sheffield or Nottingham Audi probably.

Mate not a dirty word, I'd not care if it was lease, pcp, etc if it gets you the car you want for the price you want to pay then crack on I say!

Reactions: Wondering Soul, Zache and Jimowl
I like the fact that a straight lease doesn't (really) give me that option. No difficult decisions. If I love it I'll just get a new one.

I LOVE my car but depending on options / tech / toys and car type at the time I will most likely get something else and not keep it.

If you don't mind what's the lease coming out at per month?

No worries. 10k miles. 3+35. £460'inc vat.
Check out a PCP deal, I only put £1000 in and it's £380 per month. That was over 48 months but he reckons I'll be switching at 24, as there will be money in the car (I also got 10.5% off which helped the figures).

I'm happy with the price. It was the S3 v Golf R. Not wanting to overspend on extras, the S3 standard spec (leather, xenons etc) plus much better looking and better colour choice meant a no brainier.

Check out a PCP deal, I only put £1000 in and it's £380 per month. That was over 48 months but he reckons I'll be switching at 24, as there will be money in the car (I also got 10.5% off which helped the figures).
What was the total price of the car after your 10.5% discount if you don't mind me asking?

I will be paying £518 a month (when the correct S-Tronic finally arrives!) on a 48 month PCP, put £2k down. Got about 12.5% discount.

My 8p a3 is on a lease and im hoping to have the s3 ordered on a lease also.

A3 came from glasgow and i used manchester audi for my service. Reading the guide they provided for a lease car which included informationn on returning the car with damage etc etc it included that you can get it serviced from any audi approved dealer.

I got a pcp quote from coventry audi using car wow. that was £600 more on the total of the lease for the s3.

With my a3 lease they have also asked if i would like to buy it at the end of the lease.

What was the total price of the car after your 10.5% discount if you don't mind me asking?

I will be paying £518 a month (when the correct S-Tronic finally arrives!) on a 48 month PCP, put £2k down. Got about 12.5% discount.
Think it was around £28700, I only added comfort pack, parking system plus, cruise and folding mirrors. I didn't want to spend over £400 per month, so he worked it out that £1k down would get me below that figure so why put more down?!?!?

Think it was around £28700, I only added comfort pack, parking system plus, cruise and folding mirrors. I didn't want to spend over £400 per month, so he worked it out that £1k down would get me below that figure so why put more down?!?!?
Ah I see, I was wondering why your monthly payments were that "low" compared to mine, but that explains it. I think my spec comes in at about £36500 after discount.

Didn't realise S3 was available that cheap even with discount.

Paying £370 on 48 with a £1500 deposit for my A3 SB S Line 1.4 COD.

15k miles though which neither of you mentioned?

Think the value came out around £25k after 3k discount (Few expensive options).

First post on here...

Leased my S3 SB.

Found a deal on gateway2lease and then took it to a local Audi dealer - they beat it (slightly).

For me this was the best of both worlds - got the good price of an online dealer, but the service from Audi. Some garages are reluctant to do this as PCH is less profitable for them...

I was light with the options due to factory extras not being calculated into the vehicle residual value and thus disproportionately increasing the cost per month.

I ordered mine in December and was reasonably happy with the price.

£344 pcm on a 9+24 contract and limited to 8000 miles.

I've seen some better since but not by a huge amount over the entire term.

Here's a good article that explains why leasing is worth considering, particularly on performance cars - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...car-petrol-vs-diesel-vs-buying-vs-hiring.html

Cheers,

LS

Last edited:

To be fair, that will be a manual car with a solid colour finish and low spec.

Comfort pack includes the cruise control (It's criminal that they charge for this) £600
Parking system plus and folding mirrors are another £400.

Once you add the S-tronic transmission, a nice colour choice and some nice to have extras you can add to that figure substantially.

Doubtful there will be money in the car 24/48 into a PCP mate, you generally start gaining equity in the car at 36+ anything before and you'll lose out, especially with a small £1k deposit.

First post on here...

Leased my S3 SB.

Found a deal on gateway2lease and then took it to a local Audi dealer - they beat it (slightly).

For me this was the best of both worlds - got the good price of an online dealer, but the service from Audi. Some garages are reluctant to do this as PCH is less profitable for them...

I was light with the options due to factory extras not being calculated into the vehicle residual value and thus disproportionately increasing the cost per month.

I ordered mine in December and was reasonably happy with the price.

£344 pcm on a 9+24 contract and limited to 8000 miles.

I've seen some better since but not by a huge amount over the entire term.

Here's a good article that explains why leasing is worth considering, particularly on performance cars - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...car-petrol-vs-diesel-vs-buying-vs-hiring.html

Cheers,

LS

Watch out for those front loaded deals,

9 months upfront is a £3100 deposit
24 x £344 = £8256
£11,356 / 24 months = £473pm

And that's for a low spec car, add some nice options and as you know it piles on easy. 9 payments up front on a 24 month plan is a lot, it's just the way these leasing companies work to give a more attractive monthly figure. There's more interest in £344pm headline figure than there is in the £473pm real figure.

Didn't realise S3 was available that cheap even with discount.

Paying £370 on 48 with a £1500 deposit for my A3 SB S Line 1.4 COD.

15k miles though which neither of you mentioned?

Think the value came out around £25k after 3k discount (Few expensive options).

As an example, using your £1500 plus the 10% discount = Your deposit value: (can't add extra's on the page)

Finance Calculator   Explore models   Audi   Audi UK

To be fair, that will be a manual car with a solid colour finish and low spec. Once you add the S-tronic transmission, a nice colour choice and some nice to have extras you can add to that figure substantially.
Depends what you class as low spec and what you bought the car for! For me what I have is fine, electric windows, parking sensors all around, full leather, auto light & wipers, 18" alloys, DAB radio, cruise control, heated seats, folding mirrors, a mans gear box :p...and obviously the power...what more do I need??? ;) As for the colour, I wanted solid black as it comes up nice and is easy to touch up if needed, so why pay for something I didn't want...You saying solid black or red aren't nice?!?!? :D I know people paying the same for a diesel Insignia! :)

As for money in the car, my sister is less than 18 months into a 36 month PCP deal with VW and has just switched to another new car with the next spec up for the same monthly payments! She just signed a new 36 month deal and that was on a litte UP!. I'd be happy keeping this for the full 48 months if needed, but he insisted I'll not have it the full term!

Last edited:
Both my A3's have been on lease, as is my S3 that's currently on order:jump:. I have an S-tronic Sepang blue S3 on order, only other extra is the comfort pack. 3 months up front deposit, 10K MPA with 48 monthly payments of just under £400... only about £60 more than I have been paying for my 8P Black edition A3 for the past 4 years... For me personally this kind of lease works out better due to the less deposit and not having to worry about value or anything at the end of the contract (there are options to buy the car after though). Can just give it back and order a new one ;)

I didn't know where my 8P was coming from until they delivered it tbh (it came from Brighton Audi, when I'm in Cambridge!) So I've obviously used Cambridge Audi for servicing, experience with servicing has been perfect with them, very helpful, no different to what I'd expect if I had bought it through Cambridge Audi personally, so you shouldn't have any difference in customer service from them (unless that particular dealership has **** customer service! ;)

Watch out for those front loaded deals,

9 months upfront is a £3100 deposit
24 x £344 = £8256
£11,356 / 24 months = £473pm

And that's for a low spec car, add some nice options and as you know it piles on easy. 9 payments up front on a 24 month plan is a lot, it's just the way these leasing companies work to give a more attractive monthly figure. There's more interest in £344pm headline figure than there is in the £473pm real figure.

Thanks for doing the sums for me... :).

For me the monthly payments:deposit ratio wasn't the driving factor. The overall cost over two years was (as you correctly calculated at £11,356 or 36%) broadly what a car of this type will loose over that period which makes it very much a no brainer IMO to lease rather than buy.

There is a reason why garage's don't like to do PCH and that is because there is minimal margin in the deal for them. Usually, min margin for the seller means a good deal for the customer....:arco:

Either way, the car is sweet...