Brake discs and caliper

KudoWarrior

Reaction score
One of my mates keeps telling me to get those red break calipers on my black A4. What do you guys think? And would you say painted ones or is a cover fine? I think I'd go with painted if I ever bought any.

Also, what are the benefits of changing your break discs and which are "the muts nuts"?

Cheers.

Last edited:
One of my mates keeps telling me to get those red break calipers on my black A4. What do you guys think? And would you say painted ones or is a cover fine? I think I'd go with painted if I ever bought any.

Also, what are the benefits of changing your break discs and which are "the muts nuts"?

Cheers.

Painting is the way to go!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428058126509928

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428058141717136

No tacky eBay covers!

Reactions: RS5 JON
Cheers guys. Painting is definitely what I was thinking of. The covers would look tacky.

Any particular type of paint that would look the most slick? I'm guessing it'd be spray paint but is there a special type?

Reactions: AU11 ALS
Cheers guys. Painting is definitely what I was thinking of. The covers would look tacky.

Any particular type of paint that would look the most slick? I'm guessing it'd be spray paint but is there a special type?

Mine were done using brush on hammerite smooth, by brushing on you avoid the need to mask off etc

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428074704558506

Did disk protector and hub in silver at the same time

Did you remove the wheel/calipers when doing it or did you do it while it was still on?

I hand-painted the calipers on mine with Hammerite silver a few years ago. Took the wheels off, but painted everything else in situ. The purists wouldn't be impressed but I was happy with the results.

I hand-painted the calipers on mine with Hammerite silver a few years ago. Took the wheels off, but painted everything else in situ. The purists wouldn't be impressed but I was happy with the results.

haha fair enough. Got the job done, at least!

I'm looking at:

Amazon product
AND
Amazon product

The Foliatec one is the one i'm leaning towards as it has a hardener but any advice is welcome.

Ignore this.

I've gone for a gloss black finish with an s-line sticker. Looks more smart than red calipers on an all black car.

= Black car, matt grey alloys and gloss black calipers with s-line sticker.

Reactions: AU11 ALS and RS5 JON
Change of mind. Back to red and sticking. My alloys are not as open as others so it wouldn't be too overpowering.