Which dog mount insert to go for

S3 AEX

Reaction score
As I've ordered my DP and de cat from pipe werx I'm going to fit a dog mount insert I just wondered which u guys recommend or have fitted. Is the ECS one any good?

Cheers

Just had the powerflex yellow insert fitted to mine. Does what it says on the tin... Not much else to say really, piece of cake to fit.

Sorry I know it doesn't answer the OP but don't these poly dog bone inserts mean the car rattles you to bits when you're sat inside?

I only have experience of a poly dog bone insert in a mk 4 golf anni diesel and it was awful!

Sorry I know it doesn't answer the OP but don't these poly dog bone inserts mean the car rattles you to bits when you're sat inside?

I only have experience of a poly dog bone insert in a mk 4 golf anni diesel and it was awful!

Ive experienced that too!!!

I have the THS solid rubber one in mine along with revo upper engine mounts. The lower one doesn't make the cabin vibrate much more than standard but there is an increase in noise. When I put on my upper revo ones is when it made a massive difference to noise. You don't get much cabin vibration at all if any, but you do get a lot more engine/gearbox noise.

I think with the TFSI being a fairly smooth engine, poly bushes will be fine.

I went power flex fast road. (yellow)

It works - there is added vibration and I did wonder if I'd ruined it to begin with.

But I got used to it, gives the car a sense of rawness, but not so much your teeth are falling out. Just a wee vibration at slow parking speeds.

I went power flex fast road. (yellow)

It works - there is added vibration and I did wonder if I'd ruined it to begin with.

But I got used to it, gives the car a sense of rawness, but not so much your teeth are falling out. Just a wee vibration at slow parking speeds.
Did u need to put a new stretch bolt in with it?

Yellow powerflex here. I replaced the big one and the small one. Small one was purple big one was yellow.

Did u need to put a new stretch bolt in with it?

No - I used original one. Been there for what must be 2 years now and no problem.

However I can provide one if necessary....pm incoming.

Reactions: S3 AEX
I have also had the yellow lower powerflex bush put in place! Its hasnt made any difference what so ever to my car so imo, its been a waste of money and another nice to have rather than a performance mod!

I used a super pro purple insert fitted last week. Only the slightest vibration can be felt when the revs drop to 750-800 rpm with the climate control off and only through the steering wheel. Hardly noticeable the Mrs didn't pick up on it

Cheers lads for info, I've ordered the yellow power flex £25 so see how it is.. MJR thanks for the pm m8 there's a TPS just rnd the corner from my m8's garage so if I need one I will nip in there, thanks any how.

Cheers lads for info, I've ordered the yellow power flex £25 so see how it is.. MJR thanks for the pm m8 there's a TPS just rnd the corner from my m8's garage so if I need one I will nip in there, thanks any how.

Traitor....;)

Haven't noticed any extra cabin vibration, the yellow is the 'fast road' option so has a little more compliance but keeps things civilised. It just stops that engine shudder and makes gear changes a little easier when your pushing on.

I've for the full Revo mount kit in mine slight vibration and bit noise but when your out for a good blast all comes into play sounds awsum was a bit worried to begin with but they settle a bit

Thanks for all the reviews guys, think I'll stick with OEM when I change the one in my car

Reactions: grchmason
I think for the price it is one of the best value for money mods you can do which has a real positive impact on driving

I used the yellow PowerFlex insert when I had my Pipewerx DP and decat fitted. No vibrations or rattles perfect for the job.

I had red powerflex insert fitted with milltek DP, mine is DSG n there is more vibrations in slow speeds, when parking n driving off, but nothing too bad... red one is for diesels so it's the softest one...

ordered the ecs one for mine today so will also so what its like! didn't realize you were only in Sheffield S3 AEX

I used the yellow PowerFlex insert when I had my Pipewerx DP and decat fitted. No vibrations or rattles perfect for the job.
Dan ur car n vids is the reason I went for pipe werx m8 so glad U've also gone yellow pal

Reactions: Dan-Jnr
Thanks for all the reviews guys, think I'll stick with OEM when I change the one in my car
Sayam if u didn't drive a dirty smoker there wouldn't be vibrations bloke

Reactions: Sayam
Dan ur car n vids is the reason I went for pipe werx m8 so glad U've also gone yellow pal
You'll love the sound when you boot after you fit the dp/decat. After 3.5k all he'll breaks loose.

You can make the system pop too on the limit.

You'll love the sound when you boot after you fit the dp/decat. After 3.5k all he'll breaks loose.

Can't wait should be here Tomoz then straight to m8 garage on ramps get it fitted then book in for R-tech stg1

An if the arguments with our lass carry on straight to stg2+ to cheer me up, oh please carry on

Wait till my m8 in his R32 hears the s3 pop pop pop past him lol

Reactions: Sayam
Sayam if u didn't drive a dirty smoker there wouldn't be vibrations bloke

Lol! I did do the mileage to make it worth my while and then some but think its time for something fast and petrol next time or a big exec saloon!