help with rns-e sat nav

neiller

Reaction score
Hi just installed a 2012 rns-e in my a3 but when I'm driving using the direction the satnav does not follow the route on screen the position of the car is correct and directions are all correct is there an option I haven't turned on in the menus ?

Press nav then setup and see if demo mode is turned on, if it is turn it off.

what do you mean it doesn't follow the route? could you provide a pic?

When I'm driving the directions are all announced and the display behind the steering wheel is correct but the cross hair of the map stays at the start point

press nav and then setup and press mode or map type, one of the options may say destination instead of current position.

Have you tried resetting your RNSE. Press and hold the radio and set up buttons for about 5 seconds and it'll reset the sat nav.

Have you managed to get this working again?

I'm having similar problems with my rnse-

I had my rnse out of my car for a couple of weeks(while on holiday) and it was all working great before I took it out.

Now I have reinstalled it and it doesn't seem to load my navigation dvd anymore:/

Because I have had the rnse out for weeks-does it mean the navigation did will need to somehow be re-installed again for it to work?

When I press on nav it is trying to load the disc and then the rnse will keep on restarting every 2-3 mins or so without actually loading up any maps. Is this process normal? (Ie installing?)

Help much appreciated!!

Thanks-can u tell me on what Page to look at and what exactly i need to change? Just sending a link to a manual doesnt help me that much...

Here's my settings and its working perfectly now! Map type was wrongly set
2cfdf86b57cdede3d3e8f6537629485c.jpg

Ah k thx, I'll have a look at mine to see if that will work for me too!