Stuck with installing HIDs, wiring question?

Smanderson

Reaction score
Hi guys,

So I had a quick look at the HID kit that arrived today after work (probably a bad idea in fading light and just having drove 270 miles!). I see how it all goes together except for connecting the little spade connectors into the factory loom. Now do I just attach the red one into where the yellow wire goes (the black plastic connector) and if so does the wire itself just pop out of the plastic connector? Next up is the earth, does it attach to the brown wire or does it go where the brown wire was, which is the metal surround of the bulb opening?

I did look at the sticky: http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/how-to-fitting-a-hid-kit-to-a3-8l-pic-heavy.121176/

But all the pictures are missing and I really feel this is the thing thats going to help me get my head around this.

Has anyone got any pictures of how it connects up at that end or a really detailed description? Obviously the rest of the kit is exceedingly straight forward, I just cant get my head round this bit :(

Thanks in advance guys :)

Sam

The spade connectors go directly into the bulb connectors mate.

If you look at the plug on the existing bulb you'll see that it's just spade connectors in a plastic plug.

Hi Prawn

Thanks for that, got them installed over the weekend, think I was just being a bit slow with my first post! Cheers matey